8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Can't blame a dealer for making the most of what they've got . . . someone bought an SI and had them put HFP wheels on it, so they had extra wheels and tires laying around.

I think as long as you don't try to market yourself as an Si, it's fine. How many of us (myself included) have an Si grille on our *X? I really like the look. But I'm not trying to look like an Si. I just think all Civics should have come with grilles like that.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Ryan T said:
Can't blame a dealer for making the most of what they've got . . . someone bought an SI and had them put HFP wheels on it, so they had extra wheels and tires laying around.

I think as long as you don't try to market yourself as an Si, it's fine. How many of us (myself included) have an Si grille on our *X? I really like the look. But I'm not trying to look like an Si. I just think all Civics should have come with grilles like that.
Agreed 100%.

I wouldnt call it an 'Si look-a-like' unless it has Si badges on it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i hope you all didn't think i was hatin
i think they look great on there really do
i was just showin what i saw
also
whats the diff between the si and the other grills

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Slowroll90 said:
oh i hope you all didn't think i was hatin
i think they look great on there really do
i was just showin what i saw
also
whats the diff between the si and the other grills
Si grille (top half) is color matched to the cars main color. the bottom half is a greyish color. and sits flush on the top of the front bumper

The EX/LX/DX coupe grille is a dark graphite color all around. and doesnt sit flush against the top of the front bumper.

The EX/LX/DX sedan grille is a dark graphite color on bottom and chrome on top half. and doesnt sit flush against the top of the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
PhalanX said:
Si grille (top half) is color matched to the cars main color. the bottom half is a greyish color. and sits flush on the top of the front bumper

The EX/LX/DX coupe grille is a dark graphite color all around. and doesnt sit flush against the top of the front bumper.

The EX/LX/DX sedan grille is a dark graphite color on bottom and chrome on top half. and doesnt sit flush against the top of the front bumper.

Fixed. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
PhalanX said:
Agreed 100%.

I wouldnt call it an 'Si look-a-like' unless it has Si badges on it.
Exactly. The Si wheels are nicer... Cant blame a dealer for either A) selling it that way or B) a person buying them.

Someone on here recently had his Si wheels stolen. The theif probably put them on their car. Could be a 8thgen or any other kinda ride

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
An si is beautiful si owners should take that as a complement but yeah i say an si grill is ok if u take out the si badge dont put the si rims and the spoiler the spoiler is what makes the coupe look really nice i aint gonna lie.

·
Registered
264 Posts
when i bought my car (tw fg1) they had a sedan on the lot that had the full si treatment on it, almost thought about buying it but it was an auto :( i like driving manual

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
a local dealership does the same thing
I see tons of coupes with the Si wing

and the sedans get the "mugen" treatment with replica mugen wings and HFP kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts