8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving home from work. When a stupid guy driving a semi try merging into my lane and didn't see me. He got the back of the car. He pushed me for a cool while i guess til he saw me then went back to his lane. I guess he must of caught me right in his blind spot. THis sucks. Does anyone know how mush this will be to repair? ANd also i have to wait til the insurance calls me sometime next week. Also does anyone how long this will take to repair?

THanks!!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Wow our cars crumple like aluminum foil!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Took a honda dealer body shop 3 days to fix my bumper. Here is a picture of what damage was.

Here it is fixed.

Looking at your damage it looks like you are lucky. Seems all they have to do is replace that body panel and the rear bumper. What would suck if you had frame damage but looks like only sheet metal damage. I would guess it would take a week to fix. The bumper is plastic and it takes 3 days to paint it and bake the paint onto the bumper. Its what they told me with my car.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at your damage it looks like you are lucky. Seems all they have to do is replace that body panel and the rear bumper. What would suck if you had frame damage but looks like only sheet metal damage. I would guess it would take a week to fix. The bumper is plastic and it takes 3 days to paint it and bake the paint onto the bumper. Its what they told me with my car.
I doubt there was any frame damage. He didn't slam into me. Freeway was packed to he just merged and sort of scrapped me. I tried moving but he kept moving towards me until he heard me honk i guess and moved back. Looks like 2500 worth of damage and labor my best guess. It might be more if they have to replace my tire which i hope they do.

The downer for me is waiting til next week for the insurance to check it out and then waiting another week or more to fix it.

I hope someone else can give some input as to how long and how much this will run!

thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
im going to sat that if you had to pay for it it would be 800-1000 and you will be without a car for a week...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Major bummer. But you don't have to wait for the insurance company to call to get started. Call your company if you haven't already. Go to the doctor and get checked over. Is there a police report? Call their company to initiate the claim if you want to -- that can speed things up. Finally, go to a collision shop or two and get estimates. Looks like he is completely liable. In which case, his insurance will take care of repairs, rental, and your deductible. You could also go ahead and get the repairs done yourself, pay for it out of pocket, and wait a week or two to get the check.

·
Registered
970 Posts
He hit you with the rear truck tires? Or the rear trailer tires? I know it won't make you feel much better, but you are very lucky. You could have easily gotten seriously injured in such a collision.

Reminder for folks. There are lots of blind spots around trucks. Spend as little time in them as possible.

-mr. bill

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm sorry to bring this news, but I think the damage is worst then you think.

The crumpled metal (gas cap area) is part of the sheet metal side panel of your car. It is not (generally) a removable part. Maybe they can pop some of the damage out, bondo, and paint, but I'm not sure.

Fingers crossed it is not a write off. Good luck man, that is a major bummer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.