8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Recall Faulty ODS Control Unit in 2006 Civic

Just got a letter in the mail about a recall on the ODS(occupant detection system) control unit. Its says that the ODS will not stop the paaanger side air bag from deploying when a small child or or infant is in the passanger's seat.

Anyone else been notified about this yet?

·
Registered
244 Posts
this is what i have found out

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 05V572000

Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL

Details: ON CERTAIN 2-DOOR PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE FRONT PASSENGER OCCUPANT DETECTION SYSTEM (ODS) CONTAINS A FAULTY ELECTRONIC COMPONENT. AS A RESULT, THE ODS WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY AND WILL NOT SUPPRESS FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT WHEN THE WEIGHT OF AN INFANT OR SMALL CHILD IS DETECTED IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT.

Consequence: IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, A DEPLOYING FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO AN INFANT OR SMALL CHILD.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE ODS UNIT, FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AT 1-800-999-1009.

Units Potentially Affected: 12756

Recall Initiated By: MFR
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 12/29/2005
Internal use: 12/29/2005

and this is the previous one

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 05V509000

Component: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:ACCELERATOR PEDAL

Details: CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE PEDAL WERE NOT PROPERLY INSTALLED AND MAY COME LOOSE AT THE FLOOR MOUNTING.

Consequence: IF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL IS NOT INSERTED PROPERLY, THE PEDAL CAN COME LOOSE FROM THE PEDAL STOPPER CAUSING THE THROTTLE TO BECOME STUCK INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL RESET THE PEDAL OR REPLACE THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 14, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AT 1-800-999-1009.

Units Potentially Affected: 25298

Recall Initiated By: MFR
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 11/07/2005
Internal use: 11/7/2005

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
yeah i got that last week. i took my car in this morning and got that fixed, along with an oil change and the accelerator pedal recall. dropped the car off at 8 and it was done by 11:30

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey all,

I have had both these recalls done and it only takes about 1-2 hours max. Just sucks that Honda has 2 recalls already on such a great vehile. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts