8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i hope everyone enjoyed their christmas.. This is what happened to me on MY christmas morning..

For those of you who dont know.. This is what happens when you hit a water pocket on the interstate.. Hydroplane across four lanes and hit a concrete barrier doing 75 in our cars...I think it will buff right on out.... enjoy :sadwavy:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I hate to see another LX take a beating but skidding across 4 lanes of traffic at 75 MPH... it could have been a whole lot worse than what happened. Hope you are OK =) Next year will be better!

-Ax

·
Registered
180 Posts
All I gotta say is that blows. That phone call I got on christmas morning asking for a favor...I definately didnt expect hearing you had a wreck. Like I told you on the phone, the first thing I though of was the new toyota commercials where the people are trying to total out there cars to get a new toyota, but in your case its an si haha

Not sure if he'll chime in or not, but the estimate was pretty high, Justin told me the adjuster said it could possibly be totaled. He wont find out til the 2nd though when the body shop opens back up.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone for your concerns.. yea seeing all those other cars as I was sliding across all those lanes facing the wrong way made me realize just how fortunate I was that I didnt hit one of them :sadwavy:

damn! so are u getting an si now ? hehe, jk. that sucks , hope ur ok.
haha maaaaaybe :thumb:

Sorry that happened to you Justin, glad you are okay!! Guess you'll be getting that rear bumper fixed finally ;)
Pssh All that is BARELY noticeable and it can buff right on out :dancing:

I am sick looking at pics....Glad you are OK a car can be replaced :) the New Year will be better :)
Yup God was watching me on this one :)

I hate to see another LX take a beating but skidding across 4 lanes of traffic at 75 MPH... it could have been a whole lot worse than what happened. Hope you are OK =) Next year will be better!

-Ax
Yea it happened right outside of a tunnel so tunnel authority was the first people to show up.. The guy said they watched me wreck on a security camera and by the time I hit the wall he was already on his way to me..

Glad you are ok. That's what is most important. Did any of the airbags deploy?
Yea just the back passenger one..

damn sad to see ur car like!! that rain was horrible that day i remember
Yea.. I should have been paying attention more i guess :sadwavy:

Damn bro, that suxs! Did you get a repair estimate yet?
The only one I got was from an adjuster and he told me it was a little over $6k from what he can see.. It is at a body shop being torn down so they can see if I bent any rails or not..

thats sucks...but it looks fixable
Pssh a little wax and elbow grease and that baby will be good as new :biggrin:

glad your ok and didnt get hurt homie.....you gotta be easyy in the rain, 75mph is MOVIN for those conditions. But look on the bright side you could be gettin a new car now.
haha yup.. there is ALWAYS a bright side to every dark one lol.. I will try and stencil out what happened on some paper and scan it for you to show you just how fortunate I was..

All I gotta say is that blows. That phone call I got on christmas morning asking for a favor...I definately didnt expect hearing you had a wreck. Like I told you on the phone, the first thing I though of was the new toyota commercials where the people are trying to total out there cars to get a new toyota, but in your case its an si haha
haha yea.. well if it IS totaled I am getting an Si fo sho!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.