8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Another one bites the dust. The week of my life...

6K views 105 replies 62 participants last post by  Yospeed 
#1 · (Edited)
Another one bites the dust. The worst week of my life...

Well, my car is done. I totaled it Friday night, 10/19/07, at 10:30pm.

Heres the stroy.
I was taking my friends to the bowling ally so they could celebrate a friends birthday. I had a total of 5 people in the car. Me 3 guys and one girl. About 3 minutes of driving, the girl tells me she forgot her perse and she wanted to go back and get it. So i did a U turn and headed back. It was the first time being in my car for all 4 of them and the guys wanted to see what the car could do, so being the idot that I am, I downshit to 2nd. See, the way we were headed theres a stop sign and then a left turn that we had to take. Right beore the stop sign is a little bridge. Well i guess the bridge acted as a ramp and somewhat launched me off the ground alittle. I paniced and stomped on the brakes, the brakes locked up and I slide onto the curb, hit a fence then went into the house that was on the corner. I have no idea why the brakes locked up but it did, maybe because the ground was a little moist. I then got out of the car and checked if everyone was ok. No one was hurt at all, thank God. I walked outside and 2 minutes later the cops came. Me and 2 of the guys in my car was put into the back seat of the squade car and was questioned. IIf you're thinking that i was under the influence, I wasnt. I dont drink and never tried it. The cop asked me about 4 times if I was drinking or not until he believed me. So after all the quetioning, they released us and told us to just leave the scene. it was wierd because they didnt give me any info at all. No number to call to get my car back, no info about the house, nothing. The next day My dad took me to the station downtown to find where the car was. It was about 2 miles away from the station in a tow yard. We went there and I finally saw all the damages. I almost broke down and cried there. I took out most of my personal belongings and left the yard. The towing company also had a body shop next door so my dad decided to let them check things out. They told me that Monday would be the day they start working on it. Monday came by, and they still havent started yet. So I waited. Tuesday (yesterday) I called them to check up on things. The tech I was talking to said he was almost done inspecting it and the total was well over 15k to fix. He wasnt sure if the car was totaled yet but he told me it would be pretty damn close. That same day around 6:00pm I got a call from my insurance. The adjuster that I was speacking to told me that the car was totaled and I had a choice to make, either keep the car and get some money or let them auction it off and give me whatever its worth. Today (Wednesday) I got some numbers. If I was to keep the car I would get a check for $16k, if I were to let them auction t off, Id get $20k, total damages was about $17k. So i talked to my dad and to see what he wanted to do. He said it would be better if I let them tka ehte car and give us 20k. I really want to keep my car but my dad says its not worth paying $17k to fix a $23k car. I knew in my head that I would have to let go of something I kept so dear to my heart. Im not gonna lie, I cried, I bet you would too! Now Im here, posting what happened. Plaese learn from my story and sarrow. Dont drive unsafely and dont listen to your friends when they pressure you. I dont want to see another Civic go down.

I had a small photoshoot the same day of the accident

Now the painful stuff

I still dont know whats going on with the house that I hit but I guess I just have to wait and see. I have no idea yet on what my next car is gonna be, I might be getting my brothers FG2 and he'll get a truck or something but I really dont know yet. We'll see soon. I just wanted to thank everyone for being so freindly to me through out the time that ive been here. Even though ive only met acouple of you guys, you guys have made this place feel like home or me. Ill try to keep you guys updated on what happens. Later guys, drive safe.

Rest in peace old friend, you'll be forever missed and will always be in my memory

See less See more
#2 ·
ANything wrong with the rims? Haha you wanna sell them to me. Steal them off and sell it hahaha.. On a more serious note, I am sorry about what happened.. My brother always does that to me, a TC passes me and he goes awww u just got beat. I just ignore it now on. Sorry again about your baby

#6 ·
It's very good to hear that no one was hurt. Real sorry about the car as well, hard to see a GG Brother busted up like that. Good luck with getting everything sorted, and good luck in the future. You're right, never listen to friends when they tell you to speed -- that almost ensures that it's 100% not safe to do so.

Yes, I would have cried.

#12 ·
thats the worst feeling to have, a wrecked car after you've spent so much time building it up. happened to my friend and me when we were building his car up together. truck smashed him right where i would normally be sitting. just be glad your ok and that no one got hurt.

#18 ·
I just relived the fate of my '03 accord coupe in my head lol. Same amount of passengers, same situation basically, minus the bridge, plus a slippery road. 18 seems to be a good year to learn these kinds of things =P. Glad everyone is safe, and sorry to hear of this loss.

#21 ·
damn man that sucks. i feel your pain. i was in an intersection accident myself, but my car wasn't "totalled". i still think it should have been

but it's good you're all alright. never let friends pressure you like that. ****. the next day they're gonna get in their cars. you aren't.

that's why i don't drive with more than 1 passenger in my car (unless it's my family), because it gets too rowdy, and they obviously don't care about my car as much as i do, so i'm left with bumps, crumbs, and other bs.

#22 ·
NARFALICIOUS said:
damn man that sucks. i feel your pain. i was in an intersection accident myself, but my car wasn't "totalled". i still think it should have been

but it's good you're all alright. never let friends pressure you like that. ****. the next day they're gonna get in their cars. you aren't.

that's why i don't drive with more than 1 passenger in my car (unless it's my family), because it gets too rowdy, and they obviously don't care about my car as much as i do, so i'm left with bumps, crumbs, and other bs.
x2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.