8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, first post so don't rip me to hard.

have a Kraftwerk's on my 8th gen si

My problem isn't with the pulley itself but the bolt that holds the pulley in its place. I have gone through 2 bolts now as they have both broken off inside of the mounting bracket for the rotrex. yes, I tried to extract it because the Allen key below is stripped anyways it's in the shop to get both of those bolts out.
Automotive tire Grey Wood Font Bumper

my question is... what is the best solution would be to fix this problem.
belt tension isn't the issue it is tight enough that i won't get belt slippage and still get 10psi of boost. but not loose enough for belt slippage.

are there any relocation brackets that work with the Kraftwerk's?

my theory has to do with the tensioner taking up alot of the bolt and how little there is left of the bolt that goes into the bracket. causing a leverage issue and strain on the bolt during load. as the bolt is only braking off between the tensioner and the bracket.

any help is good help at this point. will be going for more power soon and can't have this ever be an issue again.

· Registered
221 Posts
dont really have supercharged experience but i went through hell trying to find a bolt for my idler pulley once. I think its important to have a higher grade bolt because the normal parts store bolts easily strip with all the tension. I think just strong and longer bolt may help, like those ones for the engine mounts that say 10 or 1-0 on the head or whatever.

btw how easy was the kit installation? im FBO right now and might just do a clutch and kraftwerks until something blows up (if it ever does lol) then ill do a full build.

· Registered
3 Posts
hey, first post so don't rip me to hard. have a Kraftwerk's on my 8th gen si My problem isn't with the pulley itself but the bolt that holds the pulley in its place. I have gone through 2 bolts now as they have both broken off inside of the mounting bracket for the rotrex. yes, I tried to extract it because the Allen key below is stripped anyways it's in the shop to get both of those bolts out. View attachment 245590 my question is... what is the best solution would be to fix this problem. belt tension isn't the issue it is tight enough that i won't get belt slippage and still get 10psi of boost. but not loose enough for belt slippage. are there any relocation brackets that work with the Kraftwerk's? my theory has to do with the tensioner taking up alot of the bolt and how little there is left of the bolt that goes into the bracket. causing a leverage issue and strain on the bolt during load. as the bolt is only braking off between the tensioner and the bracket. any help is good help at this point. will be going for more power soon and can't have this ever be an issue again.
Did you ever figure anything out I'm having the same issue

· Registered
8 Posts
Did you ever figure anything out I'm having the same issue
I would recommend getting ARP hardware, it is hardened and will not break , its what engine builders use for the engine studs and connecting rods. See if they sell one that will fit the SC rig, otherwise get it drilled and tapped, you might also have to get it sleeved with something like a helicoil. good luck.

· Registered
3 Posts
I would recommend getting ARP hardware, it is hardened and will not break , its what engine builders use for the engine studs and connecting rods. See if they sell one that will fit the SC rig, otherwise get it drilled and tapped, you might also have to get it sleeved with something like a helicoil. good luck.
I just drilled everything out and made it all 12 mm instead of 10 so far so good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts