8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for this, but came up empty handed. I'm hearing this faint popping noise coming from my speakers when I blip the throttle. I know it's the speakers because I only hear it when the radio is on or when I'm using my mp3 player (so I know it's not due to bad reception). It even happens when the volume is all the way down. I notice it more at lower RPMS. Does anyone else have this happening to them?

btw '07 SI Coupe..Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
1. Bad ground some where good luck finding it. You may have to tear out the carpet to get to it.
2. If it were an old car w/distributer, I would tell you that it was the spark suppressor ( little condenser in the distributer). That was it's purpose, specifically to eliminate radio reception problems.

Regardless since it is less than a year old, it should still be a warranty issue.

later dudes

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
bad amp?..unplug all speakers and plug in another good speaker just to rule out the speakers...still poppin then its the amp

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have the same thing when I use the window switches to roll up and roll down the windows. Every time I hear a snap/pop... I'm pretty sure that its an amp defect. I'm yet to bring it to the dealer though... just can't seem to find the time.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I went ahead and brought it to the dealer today. They had it for about 8 hours and were stumped. The technician called the Honda tech line and they were gonna walk him through the electrical system or something like that. He was going to take out my seats, pull up carpet, etc!!! Thanks the LORD that the dealership called me before they decided to go through with it. It's such a nit picky little crackle from my speakers every 20 seconds or so...definitely not worth turning my car into a jigsaw puzzle.

Anyways, I just ordered the Buddy Club Condenser (fancy pants ground kit) so maybe I'll get lucky and that'll help a bit.

-tehcodeman

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P.S. I remembered earlier today that a couple days last week when I was backing out of my garage and the overhead light was left on all night long. Yes....I did it twice. But the car started up fine both times. Maybe the battery was so drained it's not providing the power needed to run my amp properly :eek:hnoes: ... just a thought

·
Registered
706 Posts
Your battery doesn't run your amp, the alternator does. Once you start the car the battery is nothing but a load, like everything else in the car.

And you should rethink not letting them disassemble your car.You need to find the problem, not ignore it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just discovered something else...maybe this will help a little with narrowing down the problem. I noticed that it only happens when the A/C and radio are on. If the A/C is off then I have no popping problem. Does this rule out a ground problem with the amp? Could this be an alternator issue? Would it help at all if I got a newer battery (looking at Diehard platinum or Optima)? Any suggestions would be apprecitated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i had the same problem in my 06 the replaced the amp and havent heard it since. but not with the ac on, im sure its the same thing though

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so the dealership is giving me a really hard time about checking my amp. They're telling me that they don't want to try another one because if it isn't the problem then they're sitting on the cost of unpackaging a new amp.

Anyone have a stock amp that they want to sell me for cheap? :wavey:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
tehcodeman said:
Ok, so the dealership is giving me a really hard time about checking my amp. They're telling me that they don't want to try another one because if it isn't the problem then they're sitting on the cost of unpackaging a new amp.

Anyone have a stock amp that they want to sell me for cheap? :wavey:

What?

Tell them to kiss your ass and fix it. Call honda of america if they wont.

·
Registered
631 Posts
tehcodeman said:
Just discovered something else...maybe this will help a little with narrowing down the problem. I noticed that it only happens when the A/C and radio are on. If the A/C is off then I have no popping problem. Does this rule out a ground problem with the amp? Could this be an alternator issue? Would it help at all if I got a newer battery (looking at Diehard platinum or Optima)? Any suggestions would be apprecitated.
Two things:
:police: I do not want to start a debate on batteries and alternators here.:police: BUT!!! A friend of mine had a problem w/ a bad cell in his battery on his Honda. It was under warranty. So it wouldn't hurt to have that checked out anyway. Take it to parts store like Autozone, and have them check them. Then take info to dealer.

and

2. To piggy back on what quality_sound said about finding the problem..If it's a loose ground bolt, (that would be why they would have to pull the seats and carpet) The place where the ground for your sound is also where other components are grounded. Like your a/c. So if it's not grounded properly you may have other things happening that you are not aware of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts