8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... it wanted to know if already there are some angel eyes with projectors for the civic coupe... I want please, there are few things for civic coupe

Greetings from Mexico

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
greetings - I've looked all over for another member and could not find any yet. I'd expect something like this to surface more towards summer maybe.

What else are you looking for parts wise?

·
Registered
380 Posts
makin angel eyes as DIY is pretty easy

you shoul buy a ccfl for 80mm computer fan in the color you want and then put it inside you light...

i watn projectors too thats another history :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Guys, speaking not just as an ex BMW owner, but as someone who has a relatively good eye for auto styling... please don't get angel eyes or dde's for your Civics. It's just so ricey. It's even ricey on BMW's these days because it's overdone so much.

LED washer nozzles < angel eyes on anything non-BMW < angel eyes on 90% of the BMW's who didn't come from the factory with it < Uncle Ben's < instant potatos from a box

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah Celcius, I saw this DIY a while ago too.
Thought it was great.

I actually have all the parts and tools for angel eyes except for the LEDs. Going to try the DIY out on my sentra and then the civic.

I'm going to have to wait 'til I get a pair of 8th gen civic headlights to experiment with first though - I don't want to experiment with the ones I have now.

Also planning on clearing out the ambers. Should be easy enough? There was a DIY on a 7th gen site.

·
Registered
380 Posts
nop is not mine i just bookmark it and posted no confuncion intended :)

i think is a great DIY but i think is a easier way just use a 80mm computer fan CCFL

·
Registered
380 Posts
because the placement of the led dont let the light to go all the way around that is why is suggested some CCFL from the 80mm fan of compters they work i know it ive seen some 7thgen with them

·
Registered
85 Posts
jayhomies-lx said:
i just need projector ..no need a angel eye....hope they make one soon
My thoughts exactly. Shouldn't it be easier to do with the way the housing is set up... all those angled mirrors? I was surprised when I got a good look at how the bulb looks. But I also expected a factory HID to at least be optional.

Is anyone else bothered by that little bulge on the plastic housing? I'm hoping someone comes up with an aftermarket option for it... smoothed and possibly smoked (as an additional option).

·
Registered
13 Posts
webby said:
greetings - I've looked all over for another member and could not find any yet. I'd expect something like this to surface more towards summer maybe.

What else are you looking for parts wise?
I was noticing that the front end of the coup is different then the sedan. I have a Sedan due to kids, but I like the style better too. I like the front end better on the Si or 2 doors,but like the rear end better on the 4 door. Is there a way to get the front end like the 2 door on my four door. Also I want to ad a nav system is it possible. I just got Leather added to my car too it's awesome. I paid 849 installed from Auto Options in Columbus Ohio. and one more thing, the hub caps on the LX aint bad looking. Fills the wheel wells nice.
I'll post some photos of the leather Tuesday when I get it back.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
JLRvtec said:
I was noticing that the front end of the coup is different then the sedan. I have a Sedan due to kids, but I like the style better too. I like the front end better on the Si or 2 doors,but like the rear end better on the 4 door. Is there a way to get the front end like the 2 door on my four door. Also I want to ad a nav system is it possible. I just got Leather added to my car too it's awesome. I paid 849 installed from Auto Options in Columbus Ohio. and one more thing, the hub caps on the LX aint bad looking. Fills the wheel wells nice.
I'll post some photos of the leather Tuesday when I get it back.
Bumper Swap:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5735

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25941&postcount=24

Navi:

RBF351 and Type X did this swap.

http://rbf351.com/CSI/Mike/

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4091

·
Registered
13 Posts
So is there a way to get another In dash DVD nav system in this car? I wonder how it would fit. Also are the headlights different? I also want to do a HID conversion, is this possible and if so what looks good as far as Kelvin temp for the bulbs. Can I fit a DOHC in this car. I was the first one that did a B16 swap in 96. I had a 94 civic DX and got a Del Sol B16 and threw it in. I had to swap CPU, harness and add a knock sesor. I had to get a shifter linkage off of a LS to fit. I think that was it. Everything mounted right up. Then I traded it in for the Type R like a dumb ass go figure. I was wondering what motors are compatable with this car LX civic. I'd love to have the Acura LS motor ( Like it ) But honda probably designed cars to be hard to tune.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
r3dlin3 said:
Yeah Celcius, I saw this DIY a while ago too.
Thought it was great.

I actually have all the parts and tools for angel eyes except for the LEDs. Going to try the DIY out on my sentra and then the civic.

I'm going to have to wait 'til I get a pair of 8th gen civic headlights to experiment with first though - I don't want to experiment with the ones I have now.

Also planning on clearing out the ambers. Should be easy enough? There was a DIY on a 7th gen site.
In my xenon projector DIY (still under construction) I outline clearing your turn signals, which I did... it looks so much better... not the normally overwhelming amount of orange, and now they match the rear turn signals a bit better :)
as far as I know, there is no clear replacement diffuser, so you can only take out the amber one. To make up for the fact that the bulb becomes exposed, I'm going to put in LED turn signals.

J

1 - 20 of 26 Posts