8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to start this weekend was great! I installed my exhaust, went out with my girl, and got sunday off! Sweet! Then monday rolles around, and I do this to my car,

Basically it has been very windy here in Southern California this weekend since late friday night, Especially in the IE. So I come home from school, and today was trash day and everybodys trash cans are everywhere because of the strong winds( gusts over 80 mph :xyxnervou )but there is room for me to back into my driveway, however I have to approch it at an angle.

So I am backing in at an angle and I stop for a quick second because I see one of the trash cans moving twards my car, then all of a sudden this huge gust of wind blows the trash can straight at my car, so I panic and back up really quick to avoid being hit by the trash can. I was not hit by the trash can, however I forgot that I did not straighten out before fully backing up, so I scraped my car on a small brick wall we have at the edge of the lawn. :sadwavy:

I was super mad at first, now I am just upset that I did not get out and move the trash cans like I should have before trying to back in and manuver around them. Im not worried about the dent, I can fix that myself, however I am going to have to get it painted professionally. Anyone have any Idea on the amount of $ it will cost? I have a few hook ups to so Im hopping it is not over 500$

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea mine is dented a little, but I can fix it. Im just worried about how much it will cost to paint it :xyxnervou

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Yikes soda cans from wind did this?!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
how you gonna fix your dent? i got a scratch/dent in the same spot man... i was driving outta a spot in a parkin garage with poles and **** all over, and i scraped my side a bit because the civic has the turning radius of a freaking tricycle...

·
Registered
5,595 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
black07coupe said:
how you gonna fix your dent? i got a scratch/dent in the same spot man... i was driving outta a spot in a parkin garage with poles and **** all over, and i scraped my side a bit because the civic has the turning radius of a freaking tricycle...
I have an auto body class I am taking, so alot of tools are avalible to me. If the estimate to take out the dent is to much I will pull it myself, probibly using a nail gun. You sand down the area where the dent is to bare metal, then weld pins in I guess you would call it "stratigic" points in the dent, then use a pull bar to bull the dent out. After that grind off the pins, and get ready for paint.

Duce2k said:
That's messed up dude, should have let the can hit the car instead.
Yea tell me about it lol. I wish I would have just picked them up in the first place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts