8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philippians 2:14-18
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.
...standing out by conducting yourself in a manner laid out by God's decrees that, in many ways, conflicts with the general makeup and lifestyle of your time and generation. and this is one way to shine as a unique person.

The apostle Paul goes on to speak about his desire that his preaching of the Word helps to bring forth the strong faith that would cause the Philippians to shine. He then says that, all in all, he will rejoice in his service and the fruit it bears in them, and then states that they should rejoice as well.

God bless and amen.

- just because it is out of the Bible doesn't mean it belongs in another thread that covers the Bible. A book that long covers many topics/issues....and each deserves specific attention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
IBTL
What is the point of this thread though? Yes, it comes from the Bible, but did you just feel like sharing that quote because it struck you today?
Maybe you should start a Bible quotes thread... otherwise posting random stuff like this really has no point, regardless of what book it came from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,918 Posts
I will ask you this. religion is a very touchy topic and one of the many things that should not be brought up in public chat and forums at that because not everyone follows the bible and can sometimes offend someone.
Now if you made a Bible Quote Thread it would be specific and at least tell the person clicking it what it is so if they have any problems they can start their own Torah Quote thread or Quran Quote thread, putting it under a discontinuous title creates ambiguity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Si_Chick said:
IBTL
What is the point of this thread though? Yes, it comes from the Bible, but did you just feel like sharing that quote because it struck you today?
Maybe you should start a Bible quotes thread... otherwise posting random stuff like this really has no point, regardless of what book it came from.
just wanted to share the Word.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
I thought the OP had another thread locked earlier today, concerning the same topic? I mean, I could care less really.

One could argue this is a open forum and anything goes. Another argument though...if it starts to creep up...can't there be one thread instead of several individual threads about the bible. (Obviously both statements were already posted by other members)

I don't want to rain on your parade but I would get kinda of turned off to 8thcivic if I go into the water cooler and I see 6 threads with individual quotes from the bible or other religious books. Sure, i don't have to click on the thread but it clutters up the community. If I went to a bible discussion site, and they had a section that was off topic some members might get upset if I made several threads with civic reviews.

That being said, I think this is the third or forth post from the OP today that had a quote from the bible. Knowing this, I simply won't open any further threads created by him.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,265 Posts
918civic said:
I thought the OP had another thread locked earlier today, concerning the same topic? I mean, I could care less really.

One could argue this is a open forum and anything goes. Another argument though...if it starts to creep up...can't there be one thread instead of several individual threads about the bible. (Obviously both statements were already posted by other members)

I don't want to rain on your parade but I would get kinda of turned off to 8thcivic if I go into the water cooler and I see 6 threads with individual quotes from the bible or other religious books. Sure, i don't have to click on the thread but it clutters up the community. If I went to a bible discussion site, and they had a section that was off topic some members might get upset if I made several threads with civic reviews.

That being said, I think this is the third or forth post from the OP today that had a quote from the bible. Knowing this, I simply won't open any further threads created by him.
if u really think about it... let's say he does open another thread... since it's such a similar topic it would just get merged with this one...

any thread that's been closed can't be seen by regular members so it wouldn't even pop up if u tried to look for it... so it really doesn't clutter anything... for now it's just one person stating a verse and his understanding of the verse... nothing wrong there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
Well before the merge, it would be as another thread to start with. Which is what 918civic was saying, it would begin to clutter the forum if individual threads were created each time.

So why not make an official thread dedicated to the bible, or a sub-forum?

Honestly, it doesn't bother me too much to see threads like these but I'd rather not see a wave of these on here randomly. And with threads like these it's sure to start an argument over the topic.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,265 Posts
i see what ur saying but we have mods here that don't sleep and would merge it the second someone reports it... so it'd only be there for a few hours at most...

and considering this is a car forum... a topic on the views of one persons religious belief doesn't make it enough for them to add a sub-forum for it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
bizzybearfigiblue said:
i see what ur saying but we have mods here that don't sleep and would merge it the second someone reports it... so it'd only be there for a few hours at most...

and considering this is a car forum... a topic on the views of one persons religious belief doesn't make it enough for them to add a sub-forum for it...
Im sure there's more than one guy here that believes in Christianity. It wouldn't be any different than a sub-forum like music or video games. Doing so would eliminate any debates here on the main forums.

I created a dedicated thread, let's see how that goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
Before I make another thread, I want to ask permission from LucasBlack If I can use his original post and use it to start a dedicated thread for this, v 2.0.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mO 64 StAnG 06 said:
Before I make another thread, I want to ask permission from LucasBlack If I can use his original post and use it to start a dedicated thread for this, v 2.0.
be my guest. :smile:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top