8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
Wow sorry to hear this. Glad you weren't hurt. B/c of the location I would tend to worry about the "frame" being bent or damaged. However most reputable body shops have the ability to get the framed pull and have it good as new. As long as they do it right you should not be able to tell the difference. Hope everything works out for you, and keep us up to date.

Edit: After looking at the picture again i see it was just the door. Now I sound like a moron with my prior statement lol. Should be fine with a new door. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How does the roof look?

Accords leave a "signature" mark into the side of a car...

That was from a 98-01 Accord... hope you are okay... I had a couple of broken ribs and stuff from my encounter with an Accord.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Oh yeah... my car was a total loss because the Accord hit me hard enough to twist the frame.... the roof was buckled by the sunroof as a result... ;)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
looks like the doors took the brunt of that. It doesn't look like your roof line or frame really have any damage ... at least from these pics.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
i almost got hit by a taffy EX sedan. She switched on to my lane without a blinker and really quickly. I hit the brakes really hard, and avoided the wreck.

I was about to roll down my window to exchange few words with her.... next thing i know... she made a illegal u turn... and floored it.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
GameTraveler said:
Will this amount of damage affect handling of this car after it's repaired? And are there things I should be aware of before saying I'm satisfied with the repairs?
Damn. looks like you had a run in with a Velocyraptor rather than an Accord. get it fixed then sell/trade it in.

·
Registered
731 Posts
LMAO, what are the odds of this?! I almost got nailed by an Accord. Bastard cars. It's was some punk in a mid 90's model and I had the right away to turn and he comes flying around some car heading towards me and he doesn't even slam on his brakes until the last second.. but of course he could lay on his horn. Thank god he didn't hit me, it was so close.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
nayilsi said:
i almost got hit by a taffy EX sedan. She switched on to my lane without a blinker and really quickly. I hit the brakes really hard, and avoided the wreck.

I was about to roll down my window to exchange few words with her.... next thing i know... she made a illegal u turn... and floored it.
you have roll up windows?

sorry had to ask. lol

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
nayilsi said:

lol she probably didnt want to get yelled at lol....
just curious what were you gonna say????

and to the OP yea i looks like its just the doorand a new side airbag. nothing looks like it would cause you any problems...

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Wow that's messed up, you don't look like you have frame damage but it would be hard to tell until you get it on a machine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies! I'm sore on my left side and back, and got a bruise from the seat airbag on my left arm (a nice yellow and purple at the moment from what everyone tells me...can't see it without a mirror). As sore as I've been for the past few days, it's been hard to get any sleep though.

Coming out of a warehouse driveway for a left turn. Semi-truck and it's 53 foot trailer occupied lanes 1 & 2 for a wide right turn into the driveway I was leaving. No one going eastbound on the street, so I started my turn (truck didn't move while I was doing this, which made seeing anything beyond it difficult to impossible). A lady in an Accord went around the truck and hit me at an angle. Side curtain and seat air bag went off (gawd, those things stink, but glad they were there). Driver's side rear door wasn't able to open either. All she lost was a bit of her bumper and a piece of the structural part under it.

Sheriff started a police report, told me not to drive the car, since the bags went off. She drove away with almost nothing showing for damage except the left side of her bumper missing and a Fiji Blue paint scrape next to it.

I think the biggest thing that's on my mind (other than getting my car back) is that there's a double yellow line, and I thought passing any other vehicle when that's present is not allowed. The reporting officer said that passing in that situation is permitted, but I have my doubts. The truck was half in lane 2, and in part of lane 1, essentially blocking both lanes. If the proper driving laws were adhered to, I wouldn't be hurt and my car wouldn't be in pieces. :(

And the car, I haven't even had a chance to get the plates from the CA DMV on it! I had been looking forward to possibly seeing what auto-x was all about after reading about Eugene Kim and HighRev1 with their experiences. I'm just hoping it doesn't affect my chances with enjoying that.

Again, thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
well idk if its same with all states but in tennessee its illegal to pass the the yellow line unless the vehicle is driving way under the speed limit and thats only allowed when its one yellow line

driving on the other side would make her get a ticket for being on the wrong side of the road.

and she must be crazy or stupid to drive on the side of a semi when she cant even see what cars are coming out...

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Make sure the rocker panel(below door) is straight. Other than that, just get some new doors.

Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
jackolee said:
lol she probably didnt want to get yelled at lol....
just curious what were you gonna say????

and to the OP yea i looks like its just the doorand a new side airbag. nothing looks like it would cause you any problems...

you ******* biaaaaaatttch learn to ******* drive a ******* new car... hitting my ******* Si...id ******* **** the you....i dont even know if u ******* hit me or not .... u better pay for my ******* brakes now. :biggrin:

i was in a pissed off mood too...just lost a game of baseball, and was driving back.

mistakes happen...i know... i never honk anyone though... did not honk at her...nuthing.

honking sucks imo.... u might be driving with ur parents... ur cousins... ur friends.... when u Honk.. its really embarrassing.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Damn how fast was the hit?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts