8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been using 0w-30 Amsoil for the past 2 years on my 08 Si with HAMP oil filters. This oil is better then mobil1 and Royal Purple

·
Registered
892 Posts
I believe you dont want to use 0W if you live anywhere it gets to freezing or below... i may be wrong though. I use 5W because it def gets below freezing where i live

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
sorry for newb question, but whats the difference between the number of the engine oil, i usually use 5w-20 amsoil only because its recommended by the guy behind the counter

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
no problem, get a quality filter too. an s2000 filter from honda is a good choice, or a mobil1.

Why would you recommend an S2000 oil filter on an Si? Removal of the oil filter heat shield is required to run the S2k filter, and there really isn't much benefit to it for the amount of effort it take to put it in. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
:facepalm:
yeah that

sorry for newb question, but whats the difference between the number of the engine oil, i usually use 5w-20 amsoil only because its recommended by the guy behind the counter
do you have an si ? if so your using the wrong oil

Why would you recommend an S2000 oil filter on an Si? Removal of the oil filter heat shield is required to run the S2k filter, and there really isn't much benefit to it for the amount of effort it take to put it in. :facepalm:
does that make it a bad filter ? :facepalm:

and please, dont answer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.