8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no power to my amp. I check the power cable, ground wire, and remote wire and they all seem to be connected well but when I turn on my key, no amp, no subs. I do have the remote wire ran through the fuse box instead of having it hooked directly to the back of the HU, but should that really effect anything?

Please help, I would like to have this figured out before my trip this weekend

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I grounded it to one of the bolts that holds on the rear light assembly, is that ok? And I'm fairly sure I got the right signal wire cause I bought it in a kit for amp installations. I really just doesn't make sense, unless I'm just being stupid and overlooking something...

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
for ground. you know where the back seat is. the fibreboard mat that covers the spare tire. you can pop it open and you will see two bolts. just ground it there. and i dont think you got the right signal wire. do you have pics of the installation of the signal wire??

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
did you check the power/ground and remote wire with a volt meter? or just looked to see that they are connected?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, yeah that's a much better ground spot thanks. And I do not have pics right on hand, I'm at work atm... But I could load some pics a lil ltr when I'm off. Oh, would it matter that the remote wire and power cable are ran together to the trunk? Some people I ask say that's bad then others say its fine...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Havn't used the volt meter yet, I ran out of time but that was the next thing on my to do list after work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I figured it would have to be one of those. I'll reroute the ground, and fiddle with the remote wire some more and see what happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I did check the fuse. But I got it working. The fuse tap wasn't connected quite right so i pulled the remote wire out, re-ran it, crimped new ends on, and hooked up a new tap and it started working fine. I also found a bolt in my trunk with about a hundred other wires grounded on it so I just added my amp ground to that.

Got a new problem though. So I got the amps working but I must have a problem with my LOC cause my rear speakers are not working. Honestly, I'm not even so sure I got the right part installed cause I was in a hurry and just bought the first thing that I found that I thought might work.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
Yeah I did check the fuse. But I got it working. The fuse tap wasn't connected quite right so i pulled the remote wire out, re-ran it, crimped new ends on, and hooked up a new tap and it started working fine. I also found a bolt in my trunk with about a hundred other wires grounded on it so I just added my amp ground to that.

Got a new problem though. So I got the amps working but I must have a problem with my LOC cause my rear speakers are not working. Honestly, I'm not even so sure I got the right part installed cause I was in a hurry and just bought the first thing that I found that I thought might work.
read the instructions with your LOC and check your wiring. you even said it yourself you rushed.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
the LOC goignt o speakers works the saem way. just taps into the wires, doesnt intercept them from goign to the speaker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I double checked my wire diagram and made sure all the wires were snug, still no rear speakers. This LOC that I got has line in and line outs for the front and rear speakers, and I've never seen one quite like it, so I think I'm goin to replace it with one that looks normal lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts