8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently purchasing all the install materials so that I'm ready to go when I finally get my Rainbow comps. I just ordered Raammat w/ Enosolite, now it's on to cables. (btw amp is Alpine pdx 4.100)

I'll be purchasing my cabling from Knukonceptz. My questions:

What gauge wire do I need for power/ground and speaker wires?

How much speaker wire should I get? (amp under front seat, only powering front stage)

And what amp fuse should I get?

Also, is there anything else I need?

·
Registered
796 Posts
POWER & GROUND: 8 guage if your just running the single PDX, I would upgrade to 4 if you plan on adding a sub late down the road.

SPEAKER WIRE: 14/16 guage is fine I usually buy 100 ft at a time (meaning I'm running wire for tweeter + mids in active, plus I'm running new wires for the rear speakers. If you plan on using the xover and putting them in the doors, you can get by with alot less (say 40ft w/ plenty left over for any mess ups). I don't believe in buying the most expensive speaker wire/RCA a lot of debate on this issue, but I feel your just buying hype and not SQ.

EXTRAS: (Fuses, fuse holder, etc) If using 4 guage use 125 AMP fuse holder, 8 guage use 50 AMP I like ANL over AGU fuse types. Don't forget connectors/ spade connectors

Take your time w/ the Raammat/Ensolite, Rick is awesome any questions ask away.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sure, your best bet depending on what gauge your are going with is to just buy an amp install kit. I see alot on Ebay for around $40 shipped. This will include mostly everything you might need.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Maxazor covered it pretty well.

I think I'd go ahead and do 4 gauge now though to save yourself the headache later. It's not much more expensive either.

As for RCA's/wire, I'd look here:
monoprice.com
They make their own so it's dirt cheap.

Here's some RCA's for less than $4 for 12ft. For only $2.72 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - 12ft | RCA Audio Cables

And 100ft spool of 16gauge speaker wire for less than $14:
For only $12.38 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 16AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable - 100ft | 16AWG Loud Speaker Cable

Wire is wire. It may not be as "pretty" as other's, but it works just as well. I use all monoprice's wires for my home stereo setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys. The car is less than 6 months old from the dealer so the battery should be good. I just want the car to die during a good song you know :) The 4 gauge power to the trunk at high volume is what's causing this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts