8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speakers are wired up, and so is the amp. My car got worked on about 2 weeks ago. I just ordered an t500 fosgate amp for my subs while my speakers are being run by p4004 amp. I need to know how I can wire my second remote on wire. Do I even need one? If so, where? I have no idea where the guy that installed my amp wired it for my 4 channel. I have an amp distributor still sitting here, but I was thinking that 4gauge wire thats going to the 4channel amp should be switched over to the mono, and if I should run an 8gauge wire to the 4 channel from the distributor. Is that okay?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
You do need another remote turn on wire. You could just run the second one from the first amp. As far as power, they make distribution blocks or you could buy a capacitor and split it there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do need another remote turn on wire. You could just run the second one from the first amp. As far as power, they make distribution blocks or you could buy a capacitor and split it there.
Great idea, I do have a cap so I guess it will come in handy, and did you mean i could stick another wire in the remote slot of the 4 channel amp, and run it to the mono?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
exactly. Its just 12v that tells the amp when to turn on. You want them to turn on at the same time, so wire them to the same place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts