8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the pamphlet and noticed this mentioned. Since I work nights, I cannot go to the dealership at night to see what it looks like.

Can someone take a picture or at least give me a good description of what it looks like?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
CameronJr9 said:

You mean this?
Isnt that the courtesylighting? I think the Ambuent Dash Lighting is that little blue led inbetween the map lights that shines down on the shifter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know, thanks anyways!

Nice camera that took that picture!

·
Registered
51 Posts
And the purpose for this light is? It looks nice and all but it doesn't service a purpose. It isn't bright enough and if its so I can locate the moonroof... well.. I can find the switch just fine without it.. I do like the courtesy. The small middle bin isn't lit well by the map lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you guys never rode in a newer grand caravan? my grandfather [RIP] had an 02 grand caravan..it's sitting in my garage now..but it has an ambient light that shines down in the area between the driver and passenger seat up front. when you reach your hand down to get something from that area..you notice the light hit your hand..
anyway, because it is LED, yes, it is bright enough to help you find things in the dark.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Unless you constantly put a bunch of new stuff in your car the ambient lighting isn't that great a benefit. Yeah it's nice to have but after about 3 weeks I generally know where everything is without even looking at it. So I use the feature minimally at night. I don't know that I would go nuts trying to get it if I didn't have it though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
in the vehicle i drove it had it, it didnt really seem to radient light like the 03-05 accords. If you get in a accord coupe it has the same idea, but it works quite well. If you've ever been in a 5 series or an audi something like that, they have these little led's as well but they illluminate very well with direct line of light that is not so dispersed. I say its nothing to get hype about unless you plan to replace the LED

·
Registered
187 Posts
I personally thought it was more for looks than anything. If this is the same stock lighting system that they advertise as options in the brochure then let me tell you that the dealership told me that you if you add the ambient light then you can't add the stock foglights and vice versa.

Theres only room in the fusebox for only one of the accessories, that is, if you want to wire it "stockly." I guess you could wire both but you'd probably have to run a power wire through the firewall somewhere.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yep. When you read the installation instructions from collegehillshonda.com for Fog Lights or Ambient Lighting it clearly states
that the wiring harness can only support one or the other.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So is it supposed to come with the EX Coupe or not? Caz mine doesn't have it!

·
Registered
319 Posts
illycut said:
in the vehicle i drove it had it, it didnt really seem to radient light like the 03-05 accords. If you get in a accord coupe it has the same idea, but it works quite well. If you've ever been in a 5 series or an audi something like that, they have these little led's as well but they illluminate very well with direct line of light that is not so dispersed. I say its nothing to get hype about unless you plan to replace the LED

My dad's 5-series has two or three amber leds up in the overhead button cluster and they do a really good job of illuminating the center console.

The Si's isn't really bright enough to be useful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Ambient Console Lighting is a little blue spot light that sit between the map lights and shine down on the gear shifter area. And it is only on the Coupe EX (The SI is red instead). The courtesy light is the light that illuminate the foot area and the little cubicle under the radio. This is an add on option. The picture that CameronJr9 post above is the courtesy light.

The ambient and courtesy light is a mood thing. It is not design so you can see and find stuff in your car. I like it. Disco baby. :p

I am not sure why Honda design it so only either the fog light or the courtesy light can be install. But not both. If you notice there is only one empty slot for a button and not two empty slots for two buttons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts