8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who thinks that the EP hatch is adorable?

If I had the money, I would so pick one up. It's kinda sad it's only a 5spd and has only 160hp.

But it's SO cute! It's my one girly misgiving.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
They look TOO Plain Jane stock. The Type R looks good with the aero pieces, but our EP3 looked just too forgetful. Too plain. I do like them though, and I was shopping for one until I heard that our FG2s had 200HP and 6speed transmissions. :D

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Izzy said:
They look TOO Plain Jane stock. The Type R looks good with the aero pieces, but our EP3 looked just too forgetful. Too plain. I do like them though, and I was shopping for one until I heard that our FG2s had 200HP and 6speed transmissions. :D
I think the front end is cute... and the hatch-versatility is great, IMO.

I could never get one since it's so very very slow, but I think Honda needs to put out another hatch Si. :thumb: Maybe with a turbo version of that diesel they're bringing over. :dancing:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Had one, no thanks. If it would have came stock with the Type S RSX engine it would have been the shizzle. I didn't want to spend 5k for the conversion either.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
See, the power is fine for me. Heck, I came from a 140 HP car, so 160 is an upgrade. I do know why people bash it, but like zenith said, I think it has a certain charm. Plus you cannot beat a hatch's versatile nature. And it's an excuse not to have back seats.

But, I think the main reason I would want one is just for that shifter!!! If only they had a central arm rest WITH the shifter......

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I've always loved the hatches. My first was an 88 Civic, then a 95 Integra. I do like these, but only after some work has gone into them. Like an earlier poster said, " I was looking at one, but I knew what the numbers were on the FG2". If the last gen hatch had, had the same sort of engine/tranny, maybe I would have gotten one of those. But I never did like the "rally enspired" shifter placement. All in all, I am very satisfied with my FG2:thumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts