8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have also kept looking the way to tint the window, however, it is not legal in CA. Today, I see an ads on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/getshadefit.
it has the same function as tint, and looks promising with some other function. Anyone test out similar product before?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I thought CA allowed for some tinting; nothing up front, no less than 70% light transmission on the sides, and anything goes at the rear?

I am ashamed to say I have been in a bus with ads printed on the outside much the same way (they just perforate the plastic wrap over the windows in a hex dot pattern), it gives you the look of being trapped in a microwave but it does cut down on light transmission, but I would not want to look through it on the side glass.

Looks like the same sort of thing has been sold in Europe for a while, it seems a popular amount the parental crowd which wants to reduce the amount of light in the back seat for safety reasons.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can have any darkness tint on all windows except front and windshield, in CA.

Lots of people get away with front tint though. Depends on how strict the police are, and whether or not they decide to pull you over for that. Usually in smaller cities/towns is where it becomes an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts