8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

just finished installing my injen CAI,and just had a quick question....i have looked at other peoples install pics, but couldnt really tell from their pics..so i figure i'd ask.

if you look at the attached photos, can you tell me if the upper radiator hose is suppose to be so smashed up against the intake elbow? also, mind you this is a pic when the car is cold, so the hose will only expand more under heat......

if it isn't suppose to be smashed, what did i eff up? i think MAYBE the elbow isnt exactly at the right angle...

anyway, here are the pics..and thanks a lot in advance

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey man,

do u know the part # for auto zone because we dont have a NAPA where i live? we have pep boys and AutoZone

thanks buddy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, so I just got back from driving withbthe new intake. And WOW! My BCRH and LSD exhaust, and pullies were in soooooooo much need of that CAI! I could really really feel the difference, and boy it is ricokulous loud at anything past 5k, especially in v-tec ( of course though) But sounds sweet as hell.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You can go to any auto part store and have them cross reference the napa part # (7777)..

I got a gates hose from baxters

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a heads up you may want to push the intake a little further on to the throttle body. It should snug up to the little guides. It looks like your isn't parallel to them. It maybe from the radiator hos pushing against your intake.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Some experience with mine, i would worry about the chaffing the battery mount is going to do and also the frame at the bend by the filter(if you didnt cut the inner wheel well). Might be a good thing to look at in about 6 months, check over the intake for any rubbing or wear, and add some teflon tape or teflon foam as i did to mine. other wise there will be holes and that is just not good ju ju.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts