8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on ordering some alpine type r speakers for my ex sedan. Do I need anything? Crutchfield says they will not fit, but I know people that have gotten around with other speakers. They are 6.5s and really thick compared to other speakers. Is the thickness the reason they won't fit? Or should I should I just look for 5.25s for my front doors, and if I go with the 5.25s, do I need any special bracket or will the stock one be fine?

·
Registered
434 Posts
As long as I know speakers in our civics are 6.5" You can always install whatever size you want but for that you need an adapter (sort of a ring adapter) which will allow you to install different dia speakers. I got the Alpine Type R components in my car and no problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If they don't make a trim plate for those speakers in our cars, make them yourself...i have the type x alpines, but my whole bottom half of my door is custom with a 10" monitor and plexi-glass and what not...so thats different, all you need to do is make a spacer out of MDF wood, make sure the diameter will fit with the car and the speaker together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts