8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught this in a thread over on ca.com's forum and thought I'd post here for those interested.
http://www.floridaspl.com/Alpine_2008.pdf

Be certain that I will be selling my w205 and buying a w505 the day I see it for sale. :eek:

Finally, Alpine has a 7" double-din unit. But, I bet the price isn't gonna be cheap. :(

Oh well, that's what tax returns are for. :wavey:

PS: Check out that 5 channel PDX. :thumb:

·
Registered
460 Posts
haha you're heading into you're 3rd head unit already? whats so great about the new w505?

I guess im glad I haven't purchased a double-din yet

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha you're heading into you're 3rd head unit already? whats so great about the new w505?

I guess im glad I haven't purchased a double-din yet
If it comes out by April, it will be my 4th headunit in a year. :dancing:

w505= 7" screen and gets rid of alot of the graphics the previous units have. I just like the sleek look of the w505.

w205 is a good unit, don't get me wrong. I just like 7" screens where the screen takes up the entire space of the unit.

The only thing I fear is that the w505 is going to be pretty dang expensive. I'm betting $1200, since they're keeping the w205 line. Hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope, but I doubt it. If they're keeping the w205 for $899, then you know that they're most likely going to have the w505 in another price range.

I'll be selling my w205 as soon as I get a release date for the w505. I've already gotten offers for $640, lol.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The w200 should already have gone down. It wasn't part of the 2007 lineup and was replaced by the w205.

·
Registered
41 Posts
WOW, that W505 does look nice.
In fact, I think it's everything I want in a headunit.
I just wish they'd ditch the internal amplifier.

The iPod HUs look nice, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some sources are stating the new Alpine W505 will be priced at $999...arrive in May 08

First All-In-One AVN From Dual, Jensen - 1/7/2008 - TWICE

One of Alpine's new in-dash A/V units docks with the Alpine Blackbird B200 PND. The double-DIN flagship IVA-W505 DVD/monitor can now display album art and has larger control buttons, compared with an earlier version. It has a 7-inch touchscreen, full-speed USB iPod control and is HD-Radio ready with iTunes tagging. It is also satellite radio ready and is expected to ship in May at a suggested $999 (without the Blackbird B200 PND).

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, Alpine's site actually has all the specs and MSRP on it now.

So far we've learned that it does not have an optical output, and it's possible it may not control the h701. If that's the case, there's no way I'm getting it.

We'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts