8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new issue with my Alpine IVA W205, sometimes when I change the song while listening to my Ipod the volume will jump up w/o warning?!?!?

I am running some serious watts to all speakers, this can really alarm you if you are not paying attention if you know what I mean!!

Have any of you ever ran into this...

O' Yeah I must mention that this only happens when I am using my steering wheel controls and only when listening to my Ipod through the deck.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
mine used to do that too, ocassionally. Weird.

do you have the remote around? Put it in the console and see what happens. for some reason, it seems to me like my remote was buggy.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I've encountered this problem before....

It has to do with the letters "A, L, P, I, N, and E" being present on the unit. :biggrin:

Jokes aside... try it without the remote, as Bikin recommended.

Hans

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
maybe its possible that the song is recorded louder than the previous song you were listening to (especially true if you have bootleg songs)

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
make sure the units sound sensitivity isn't on. When it senses more noise in the vehilce it auto adjusts. Turn it off

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
make sure the units sound sensitivity isn't on. When it senses more noise in the vehilce it auto adjusts. Turn it off
I will have to try that!!!

I was rear-ended today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(( I can't believe this ef-bomb ran into me!!!

I was to upset to try and look for the sound sensitivity setting, do you know where this setting is in the menu??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is only when I switch songs during the middle of the song... Sometimes it happens every other song and other times it won't happen for a couple of days. It is the oddest thing. I have been so focussed on getting the rear of my car repaired after being rear-ended that I haven't had time to really do anything else!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts