8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one running these speakers?
i own them and was shut down today by the audio shop cuz the magnet was to thick to fit? i saw the aftermarket diy but the speakers were smaller
the alpines have huge magnets

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
They should've used some sort of MDF spacer to bring the speaker away from the door panel itself. This helps not only with the response, but the fit as well.

It's hard to make out, but this is what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o yea im quite the newb with cross overs and tweets
how do i wire them up im gussing just go buy some speaker wire?
or can i use the stock

·
Registered
147 Posts
did it come with a crossover, if not I'd suggest you go to your local audio shop or electronics store and buy a high pass filter (Hpf) for your tweeter, or see if anybody you know happens to have an extra set of crossovers, to filter out the low end from going to your tweets. I might even have an extra set around if you need.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
SkunkSpray said:
did it come with a crossover, if not I'd suggest you go to your local audio shop or electronics store and buy a high pass filter (Hpf) for your tweeter, or see if anybody you know happens to have an extra set of crossovers, to filter out the low end from going to your tweets. I might even have an extra set around if you need.

If it's components then it came with passive crossovers. If it's not a component set and is only coax's, then there's no need for anything else since there's not a tweeter (seperately).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea components
cuz im learning in new orleans peoples work ethic is terrible
it seems so easy im about to gut the stocks to show them taking off the door just looks like a pain

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Type r's will fit in the front doors just fine. Just use the rings that came with them. No need for spacers. I put R's in my doors. Maybe its different for a sedan? Is that what you have?

·
Registered
406 Posts
silkyPimP said:
Since 2001, Civic's haven't been able to handle a large magnet speaker without a spacer. It is possible but I would be extremely weary of how close the window gears and glass would come to hitting the magnet.

Go to a retailer (Best Buy/Circuit/Car Toys) and buy either a 1/2" or 1" speaker spacer for a 6.5" speaker. It's made out of ABS plastic and it should cost around $15. A much simpler process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts