8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have alpine type r components, but my left tweets been making a nasty noise lately. its kind of like a hearing a cd scratch, but the main vocals do come out. does that mean my speakers are blown or the tweeter? or is it the amp that needs to be turned down.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would bet on a loose connection. The crossover should have tweeter protection to keep you from blowing them. Where is your crossover mounted?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy put them inside the door panel. he said there wasn't a point to show them because there's no knobs on it anyways.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you paid for installation, I would take it back to the shop.
yeah i'll do that i guess, but i bet it is the tweet. it's been getting worse everyday, i dont want him to have to open the door panel for no reason if it's blown. I'll go and see what he thinks though before i buy another pair of components

·
Registered
134 Posts
Aren't the speakers under warranty? Anyway, opening the door on a sedan takes <5 minutes. I just popped both my front doors to adjust crossover settings and it's a piece of cake. If you want to check the tweet, swap your left and right tweeters and see if the problem follows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts