8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been modding my 07 Civic Si since June and already replaced the wheels, exhaust, cleared the headlights, changed interior pieces, and so on. I decided to get rid of the factory system and install a new system. I knew that a Nav unit was not that important to me but superior sounding music was since I listen to cd's and my ipod the most. I have installed several other systems so I knew I wanted to stay with my old favorite Alpine.
View attachment 9172 View attachment 9173

I chose the CDA-9887 which has there new amazing imprint technology, More about that later. I also chose to go with the new Alpine Pdx-amps and CDT speakers, seperates in the front , coaxials in the rear. I used a !0 " Eclipse Sub for the bass. I started by Taking apart the interior and removing the seats. I was surprised how easily everything came out. I ran a 0 gauge cable from my battery to a distribution block under the console.
View attachment 9177
I fused this close to the battery and then at the distribution block which went to 4 gauge wire. The two amp were mounted under the seats. They fit perfectly. Under the passenger seat went a PDX-600 mono sub amp, and under the driver seat a PDX-150. They were easy to mount and set up. I ran a 3" long 4 gauge wire directly into the chasisfor each ground. This is the key to not picking up any buzzing in your head unit, make the grounds as short as possible and use heavy gauge wire.
View attachment 9178
I Dynamatted both doors, rear deck an the bottom of the trunk. What a difference this makes. As for the speakers, I have tried focals and Dynaco seperates before but always come back to CDT. These speakers are bullet-proof, have the best cross-over in the market and have a front stage that is unbelievable. You will hear things with these speakers recorded in the music that other speakers just don't pick up. Up front I went with the HD-62 seperates with the upstage kit. This uses a 6.5 inch mid bass and two sets of titanium tweeters. One pair in the factory positions and a seperate pair mounted on the doors. These provide seemless highs. In the back I went with the CDT slimline coaxials which fit perfectly into the factory holes and don't touch the bar underneath
View attachment 9183
As for bass, I went with a Eclipse sealed 10" which I attached to the back with a couple of removable hinges so it can be taken out in less than a minute.
View attachment 9184
The Alpine CDA-9887 proved to be extremely easy to install following the instructions from my fellow forum members. I used the Alpine hook-up for my IPOD which is conveniently in the cosole storage compartment and I purchased a PAC module so the steering wheel controls work.
View attachment 9176
I am very pleased with the way the unit works. It works seamlessly and instantly with the ipod and the units illuminatin can be changed to perfectly match the red of the Si at night As for the sound. All I can say is wow!!! This is where the imprint circuitry which is built into this unit comes into play. I just took my car to my local Alpine dealer. They hooked it up to their computer and with a special microphone and the imprint technology they go thru a series of sophisticated tests that run the interior thru 512 points of adjustment. This takes 20 minutes and when done, a perfect flat response. You feel like you are the center of your own concert. It truely is unbelievable. The guys at my Alpine dealer said before the imprint technology, they could have spent 10 hours worth of tuning and not even come close to the sound. I was amazed and everyone who hears it says the same thing. The best part is the Alpine CDA-9887 cost only $399.00 I am a happy camper!! Here is a couple other photos.
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I'm not a fan of metal domes, but congrats on that deck man.

Are you running the front stage active (you better be, with that deck!)? :)

Oh, white out your license #. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That photo was taken with the seats pushed forward. Normally you don't even see the amps!:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bet that sounds amazing but seriously it isn't very attractive. This is what keeps me from replacing my head unit, i just haven't seen anything that seems like it fits with the look of the car.

And i know you said sound quality was the most important think to you :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
you seem to know your stuff about audio it looks great. how come you chose a to go with that unit over a double din that would have a screen for you? do those not have the imprint that you were talkin about

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately the imprint technology is only available in two Alpine units for now, neither which is double din. I am sure the whole line will have it next year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
nice install.
very similar to what I'm thinking of doing in my EX---same amps, and headunit anyway.
just curious about the factory keyless entry. does it work through the stock HU like past Civics?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
awesome man. i was thinking of mounting my amps under the passenger/driver seat but i would think it would be really complicated with the wires and where exactly to ground. I dont think I would want to drill a hole through the floor to put a good bolt. You should check out Dynastys car. Still waiting for his update tho

1 - 20 of 20 Posts