8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IT IS POSSIBLE to run a Skunk 2 alpha header with a k24 swap in an FG2!!!!

Thanks to Studioface here on 8th we were able to make it possible with his innovation.

Without modding your header or destroying your firewall.

This does require a Mod that is pretty straight forward.

I am using Innovative 75a mounts with a 70a hasport rear mount. I do not know if this will work for different mounts.

I Will work on getting all the pictures up for the write up this week

After your k24 is in and your swap is complete with your alpha header you will notice a big clearance issue! (Pic coming soon)

Because of the clearance you will not be able to install the rear mount. You will need about a 1/4 inch of clearance to install the back mount ( Pic Coming )

You will also need a smaller bolt and nut to make the front innovative mount work as well. It was incredibly tight to fit ( Pic Coming )

We used washers to extend the rear mount bracket on the oil pan and it fit PERFECT! you will need to put washers on all for bolts on the bracket for it to work.

You will have about 1/4 - 1 inch of clearance with the alpha header. I HIGHLY suggest that you wrap your header to reduce the heat. If you already have the alpha header this mod will save you about $800-$1200 for a new k24 swap header!

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58335&stc=1&d=1365993859

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58336&stc=1&d=1365993878

Attachments

·
aka 3 blocks!
3,413 Posts
I like it cheap and easy.Only thing i would reccomend is longer bolts for the engine mount bracket on the oil pan.Using them washers takes up some of the threads.I wouldnt feel comfortable beating on the car without a sufficient amount of threads going thru the pan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How are there not any comments on this post? This is great information that I didn't know when I did my swap and will save people a chunk of money. Is there another thread with this info or something already?

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I think it's because people with K24s are better off with the Megapower header that fits, or have it in their plans to get a custom header

·
Registered
206 Posts
:cornmad: has anyone tried this with stock mounts ?
im running low on time to get a header for my k24 and havent found a megapower anywheres:cornmad::facepalm:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep stock mounts... Well it now has just a hair clearance lol Im going to take a dermal to it for extra clearance now. I put it on without this mod and it hit the firewall pretty hard before.

·
Registered
37 Posts
this worked for me as well. full k24a2/alpha header. boomba mounts. have yet to take it to the track but its pretty solid so should work out fine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts