8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

441 - 459 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Gonna be on SwitchSpeed with used airex struts from a friend soon. It's my daily and my drive to work and back is like 10 miles. I'm still using the stock rims and exhaust but will eventually have a decent exhaust and rims (suggestions?) Any modifications needed with the stocks or am I good to go? Thanks fam

·
Registered
199 Posts
Long time no talk. Quick question for you R18 coupe guys. Are you still able to lay frame on a 205/40r18? The front laid on a 215/35 after some cutting, don't mind notching more just want to make sure it will work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2 Questions... Wanting to order some wheels and looking for a 18x9 that will allow me to tuck the front when air'd out. I am running airforce suspension so the fronts are a double bellow. What offset will allow me to tuck the front and rear and will a 18x9 hit the bag? Been looking at ordering some work meisters but don't want to pull the trigger until I am positive I can make an offset work.

·
Registered
199 Posts
2 Questions... Wanting to order some wheels and looking for an 18x9 that will allow me to tuck the front when air'd out. I am running airforce suspension so the fronts are a double bellow. What offset will allow me to tuck the front and rear and will an 18x9 hit the bag? Been looking at ordering some work meisters but don't want to pull the trigger until I am positive I can make an offset work.
All depends on how low you want to be when dumped. I'm on Dorbritz with 18x8 +38 and 3mm spacers to +35 and 215/35R18 tires. I am current a couple of mm from laying out in the front (sitting on the inner fenders) and the rear is about on inch higher. just to get this low on the R18 I have a 2-inch notch for the drivers side axle and a 5-inch notch on the passenger side (needs more but might have to lift the motor to clear the axle). With double camber bolts in the front and a sleeve bag, I am less than 5mm from the bag and cannot run factories with the camber bolts without spacing. the rear has enough room with the right offset. Pre-bagged I had 18x9 +40 with room and around -5/6ish camber. My fenders have also been rolled flat all the way around and have a decent pull on the.

2016-06-10_11-59-35 by anasia13, on Flickr

axle to lower pulley clearance on the passenger side of the R18

IMG_20160314_174334 by anasia13, on Flickr

my previous set of wheels were 18x7.5 +35 and also running 215/35R18. With the fender roll and pull, I did not rub much at all when turning dumped.

IMG_20151025_152644 by anasia13, on Flickr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks man. Car looks good by the way layed out on those 18s in the top pic. The double bellow bag just has me scared to go with an 18x9 and I dont want to do any crazy pulling on fenders or quarters for them to fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any alternative to the monroe rear shocks not fitting with the new Airlift System for our cars, besides coilover shocks / shocks from Airlift?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks man. Car looks good by the way layed out on those 18s in the top pic. The double bellow bag just has me scared to go with an 18x9 and I dont want to do any crazy pulling on fenders or quarters for them to fit.
running 18x8.5 on a 225/40-18 et 30. on airlift double front camber bolts. and its a tight, tight fit. also have a decent pull and roll. this big a tire pushes fenders out at door jam. but even on 215/40 it still would barely tuck the front.. (-2.0 front camber set at 50psi, so -2.2 ish when aird out)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any alternative to the monroe rear shocks not fitting with the new Airlift System for our cars, besides coilover shocks / shocks from Airlift?
started with the monroes, they were ok and cheap. but no adjustment and to much travel for me (no dampening) so waiting to install the airlift rear shocks. ( commute 240 miles a day)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm on 18x8 +34 and 215/35R18 and lay subframe and top of the inner metal fender. With the sleeve bag and double camber bolts maxed out I have very little room. I still retain decent turning when low with a heavy roll/pull. When I ran 225/40R18 on 18x7.5 +35 and had major fender issued. I could not move the wheel at all under half lift without heavy rubbing.

20160914_050823 by anasia13, on Flickr

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you don't half a** anything, use all DOT spec fittings and lines (same stuff every semi truck on the road uses), make sure there is bag clearance on the exhaust side and header wrap your exhaust there is no reason for you to ever have an issue unless your management fails, which is 1 in a million.

Like I said I daily my car about 50 miles a day so I understand where you are coming from the only time air has ever left me stranded was the first winter when my tank froze, after i put in air brake anti freeze it has never frozen since. Hope that helps.
Yeah, but if you are that 1 in a million. It can totally ruin your day. I had my 64 Riviera on full air ride set up. And I was out driving it and all of a sudden my whole air ride system shut down. The valves at that point got stuck on open so air began to leak out of the lines and tank. Luckily I was able to pull over and get into a parking lot before all the air was out of the system. I could never get the system to turn back or or even power back on. Anyways after a few hours, ended up getting my Riviera back home. The next day called RideTech and they said to ship them the brain/computer and the LCD controller display unit and they would do a diagnostics on them. About a week later RideTech called me up and said the LCD controller unit was dead. RideTech shipped me back my brain/computer and a brand new LCD controller unit. So if part of the system management fails. You are pretty much screwed. Scraping pavement trying to move your ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New too the forum got an 09 si sedan looking to bag it, read most of the threads and im torn between dorbits w/ monroe w v2 or full airlift v2 ? Just want to be dumped af with wide wheels and have a comfortable ride. What do you guys recommend? Please and thanks in advance

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm running Dorbritz with Monroe shocks. Currently running 18x8+34. With a good roll/pull there is plenty of room to roll low and still have a turning radius. The airlift are fantastic quality but with them having double fellow front bags you lose some room. If you want to run an aggressive 17 it's not big issue but on an 18 you will be a little more limited as to how wide and aggressive you can go.

441 - 459 of 459 Posts