8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

421 - 440 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research within the last 6 months or so about switching over to air ride from my Fortune Auto coilovers. I have a 2008 Si coupe. I have been looking into the airlift kits mainly the ridepro with digital management. 2 400 compressors, 1/4 line, airlift struts / bags. I was wondering if anyone has an input for me or suggestions? I know I will need to get camber bolts for the front. I need to modify and wrap my exhaust ( full race 3 inch ) any suggestions or ideas on this? ( I do not want to down size my exhaust ). Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research within the last 6 months or so about switching over to air ride from my Fortune Auto coilovers. I have a 2008 Si coupe. I have been looking into the airlift kits mainly the ridepro with digital management. 2 400 compressors, 1/4 line, airlift struts / bags. I was wondering if anyone has an input for me or suggestions? I know I will need to get camber bolts for the front. I need to modify and wrap my exhaust ( full race 3 inch ) any suggestions or ideas on this? ( I do not want to down size my exhaust ). Thank you in advance.
Luckily the Airlift Performance bags come with better heat tolerability than all the others. It also comes with a heat shield. Wrapping the exhaust would further help from melting the bag.
Depending on the size of your wheels you might need two sets of bolts in the front.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Luckily the Airlift Performance bags come with better heat tolerability than all the others. It also comes with a heat shield. Wrapping the exhaust would further help from melting the bag.
Depending on the size of your wheels you might need two sets of bolts in the front.
Thank you. I figured I was going to have to get camber bolts for the front. I'm running 17x9 et 25 with a 205/45r17 tire.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would like to tuck but I think my wheels are too wide. It won't let me upload a pic or I would. I have a little poke now.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I would like to tuck but I think my wheels are too wide. It won't let me upload a pic or I would. I have a little poke now.
They'll tuck with two bolts. I'm running the same wheel specs but with a 225/35 tire. I'll tucking in the front...well on one side I'm tucking rim of the wheel under fender and the other side is a little higher. (I need to fix that)

Driver:

Pass- It goes a tad lower than this but I have to really force it down:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
do I need to notch the frame of the si? I am sitting just barely above the lip of the rim and feel like I should be able to tuck a tad on 17s right?

·
Registered
892 Posts
do I need to notch the frame of the si? I am sitting just barely above the lip of the rim and feel like I should be able to tuck a tad on 17s right?
You shouldn't need to be. Take a look on the axle where it hits the frame. If there's any kind of damage on it you should probably notch it a little.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well I ordered my air ride this week. I went with air lift bags / struts, switchspeed management, 2 444 compressors and 5 gallon tank. I know I have to wrap my exhaust by the passenger side rear bag. I am also looking to upgrade my tire size to a 235/40 17 I am running 17x9 et25 does anyone know if I will have an issue with clearance? My rear fenders are rolled and will be running seibon carbon fiber front fenders. Any input or advice would be great. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
892 Posts
Well I ordered my air ride this week. I went with air lift bags / struts, switchspeed management, 2 444 compressors and 5 gallon tank. I know I have to wrap my exhaust by the passenger side rear bag. I am also looking to upgrade my tire size to a 235/40 17 I am running 17x9 et25 does anyone know if I will have an issue with clearance? My rear fenders are rolled and will be running seibon carbon fiber front fenders. Any input or advice would be great. Thank you in advance
Honestly, if you plan to get it down on the ground and not damage your CF fenders I would go with a smaller tire size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would anyone happen to have a picture of AirForceSuspension Rear or Airlift rear bags installed? I have been working on my install and would like a picture of the rear assembled if someone would have a pic to share. I just don't feel comfortable with nothing holding the rear on the control arm. I know the pressure of the car will hold it in place when it is on the ground, I would still just like some pictures for clarification. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well I got all my parts in for my air ride. Hopefully I will be installing everything within the next few weeks. My biggest concern at this point is my 3 inch exhaust ( exhaust wrap came with the kit ) If anyone has any advice or tips that would be great. Once I'm done I will upload some pics.

Thanks in advance
Buddy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue here. I finally got everything mocked up and just need to run air lines. I am quite concerned about rear passenger side as well. My exhaust is factory but my airforce rear bag sits so close to the exhaust. I wrapped it but it still has my worried. Is everyone here just wrapping theirs and having no issues?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wrapped mine twice with motorcycle heat wrap and "adjusted" the handers with a hammer. I did the same to the curve in the pipe and at full dump no issues after a few months.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can someone do me a favor?

To anyone with the airlift kit on the car, can you please raise the fronts to where the headlight is 22" from the center to the floor, put the dampening on the softest setting, and try to bounce the car by pushing on the shock tower. Does it bounce visible about without using too much effort?

Laws here in Hawaii for legality purposes....

421 - 440 of 459 Posts