8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

401 - 420 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm finally bagged! On airlift's kit with the V2 management.
Just need to work on making the front lower. Ordered camber bolts so i'm anxiously waiting for those to come in :badger:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Just need to work on making the front lower. Ordered camber bolts so i'm anxiously waiting for those to come in :badger:

Nice! You look lower already than I did right after install lol. I actually had to add camber and shorten the struts to get lower on the same setup. Wanting to possibly add an sti lip soon to get the front on the ground.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice! You look lower already than I did right after install lol. I actually had to add camber and shorten the struts to get lower on the same setup. Wanting to possibly add an sti lip soon to get the front on the ground.
Do ittttttt. I want the front on the ground so bad haha did you adjust the camber plates?

·
Registered
892 Posts

Nah, there is no room to mess with the camber plates so Im using camber bolts on my setup.
Lowering the threads will help you guys lay some frame as long as y'all aren't running anything wider than a 9.5 maybe a 10 with enough camber. I know John shouldn't have any trouble. The AirLift kit has the same height drop as the Dorbritz one, but less clearance.

I need moar low.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Blew out my PR Dorbritz bag by rubbing the shock. Considering upgrading to the AirLift Performance but I don't really want to spend much money right now. Might end up just replacing it with another Dorbritz for the time being.
Remember to let dorbritz know it's for FA5 before purchasing an Air House 2 Bag. They need to taper the bag to fit the bracket.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Remember to let dorbritz know it's for FA5 before purchasing an Air House 2 Bag. They need to taper the bag to fit the bracket.
They know what car it's for. I've decided to either move over to AirLift bags or take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. I'm going to see what they quote me to replace the rear bags.

·
Registered
149 Posts
They know what car it's for. I've decided to either move over to AirLift bags or take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. I'm going to see what they quote me to replace the rear bags.
Take it to Kustomz Unltd.

They have fixed quite a few dorbritz set ups.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Take it to Kustomz Unltd.

They have fixed quite a few dorbritz set ups.
I would buuut that means driving it 30-40 miles at under 20mph. There's another shop about 5 miles from my house that does a lot of muscle cars and trucks. They're pretty reputable and they've been doing bags and custom fabbing since the early 90s. I talked to them and they said they would take a look at it for free. Then I'll go from there. My last resort would be to tow it to Dorbritz or Kustomz. Really don't want to take it back to Dorbritz even if they do it free of charge.
I know a lot of you would have done this yourself but I dont have the time, the tools (mainly a welder), or the experience of cutting the weld out and rewelding another bag back in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Blew out my PR Dorbritz bag by rubbing the shock. Considering upgrading to the AirLift Performance but I don't really want to spend much money right now. Might end up just replacing it with another Dorbritz for the time being.
mines blew in the rear also. I just ordered a bag for 75 bucks and replaced it. I also moved the stud to the center and now I have no rubbing issues! (I'm running dorbritz kit also) It was only a 30 minute job. I did crack my nt03s when it blew going 60mph. :facepalm:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi guys!

I been on bags for over a year now, never had ANY problems with my setup. ksport front struts and dorbritz rear bag and bracket. What I recommend when you do have the dorbritz rear adjust the long screw peg into the middle, tack weld the bracket to perch for extra security, and adjust the exhaust piping and heat wrap it. I drive airedout on the freeway from time to time, still no issues.

·
Registered
892 Posts
mines blew in the rear also. I just ordered a bag for 75 bucks and replaced it. I also moved the stud to the center and now I have no rubbing issues! (I'm running dorbritz kit also) It was only a 30 minute job. I did crack my nt03s when it blew going 60mph. :facepalm:
I also moved mine to the center. I just used a bag my friend had laying around. It's a bit stiffer fully aired up. Hardly noticeable at ride height.
Hi guys!

I been on bags for over a year now, never had ANY problems with my setup. ksport front struts and dorbritz rear bag and bracket. What I recommend when you do have the dorbritz rear adjust the long screw peg into the middle, tack weld the bracket to perch for extra security, and adjust the exhaust piping and heat wrap it. I drive airedout on the freeway from time to time, still no issues.
:jealous:
I need to heat wrap the exhaust. How did you adjust the exhaust?

Now I just need to replace the Dorbritz front.. They drive me insane paired with the V2. Adjustability is terrible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also moved mine to the center. I just used a bag my friend had laying around. It's a bit stiffer fully aired up. Hardly noticeable at ride height.

Now I just need to replace the Dorbritz front.. They drive me insane paired with the V2. Adjustability is terrible.
Dude the dorbritz front annoys the crap outta me. If i drive a little high I hear this noise from my passenger side. Like a clunking but not really clunking...idk how to explain it..:facepalm:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Dude the dorbritz front annoys the crap outta me. If i drive a little high I hear this noise from my passenger side. Like a clunking but not really clunking...idk how to explain it..:facepalm:
That noise is coming from play in the bushing in the top mount. It'll make noise from like 90 psi and up. Dorbritz sends out shims for that but they don't really help. I've even taken it to Dorbritz and they can't even fix it.

·
Registered
510 Posts

I love how stiff is it compared to my old ksport rear bags. my **** was bouncing all over the place before lol. i took it to a muffler shop, they heated it up and moved it about 2 inches away or so. when i was static my skunk2 would rub against the spring so i was already well prepared when i went over to air.

401 - 420 of 459 Posts