8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
newbie and dummy question:

what's the difference between a good $150 mat and those cheap ones that cost $25 (that you can cut to fit in)....... :|
For one, you don't have to cut anything. Second, they OEM ones fit really nicely and are raised on the sides so salt and water won't drip down on the carpet.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The OEM mats are worth the money. I have them for my 08 Civic EX Coupe and they work wonders. Plus, with the unexpected crazy winter we've had so far in Chicago, they're worth more than they ask. LOL.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My dad bought me the front + rear Weathertech mats off of Amazon.com for Christmas. They have been nothing short of AMAZING. I swept the carpet out real good and scotchguard'd it before I put them in. They are really filthy. Tons of Mud + Dried snow/salt all over them. I am going to leave htem in until Mid-March and then clean them before I put them away until next year.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
My dad bought me the front + rear Weathertech mats off of Amazon.com for Christmas. They have been nothing short of AMAZING. I swept the carpet out real good and scotchguard'd it before I put them in. They are really filthy. Tons of Mud + Dried snow/salt all over them. I am going to leave htem in until Mid-March and then clean them before I put them away until next year.
Why not leave them in there since they're all season mats? I plan to keep them in at all times because they're much easier to clean than the carpet mats.

And you're from Illinois too. You know how the weather gets with rain and mud at times. :wave:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the OEM all weather mats for my coupe and I couldn't be happier with them. I throw my umbrella on them all the time and they hold up extremely well and they are a breeze to clean, especially when I go to the car wash and they throw them into the soapy water mixture.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.