8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any feedback on how the all weather floor mats hold up to winter driving. I'm from Canada and we have quite a bit of snow. Do you find that water gets into the support hooks when the water level is to high? Am I better off getting a generic winter mat or would these OEM mats from Honda do the trick. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haven't had them through a winter yet so I can't help you there....but

After buying them (from the stealership :() I anticipate I'll be buying some aftermarket ones - - at least one for the driver's side.

I have kept them in all summer (took the stock mats out and haven't put 'em back in since I bought them) but will likely be buying aftermarket ones that will fit as close as I can get them.

I had a '98 Civic and i found with all the start/stop/turning the water kinda sloshed off the mat and onto the carpet BUT after a season of that I put an old towel kind of around it to catch the water.

This'll be my car's first winter ('07 Sedan) and I wanna keep the carpet below bone dry.

My 0.018 (US$)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have an 06 EX coupe and the dealer wanted $149.00 for winter mats. I ordered a set from these guys (2 fronts and a one piece back at the time for $64.00). They have worked great and you can put them over the matts that already are in the car. That way you protect your carpet with two layers. The rubber winter ones, and the regular mats that came with the car. I don't get any salt stains on my carpets with them. They are custom fit too

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1463A-1A1.aspx

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased the rubber OEM All season floor mats about 2 months ago for my si sedan and I have been more than pleased with the protection. The protection is just about as good as good as a trojan!! I looked under my mats the other day and there wasn't a spec of salt or snow residue to be seen. This is all after a solid month of daily driving getting in/out of my car numerous times during the day when its snowing!

These mats ROCK!! :thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The dealer threw these in for free when I bought the car.

So far they have done an excellent job of keeping salt/mud off my regular mats. They are extremely easy to clean. Just take them out and spray them down with the hose.

I will replaceing them when they (if) they wear out.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i had the oe all weather on in my sedan. worked great.
you should've asked last week.. i could've pulled it out of the
car before trading it in and given them to you for free. lol.

if anyone local wants the standard carpet one, let me know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an 06 EX coupe and the dealer wanted $149.00 for winter mats. I ordered a set from these guys (2 fronts and a one piece back at the time for $64.00). They have worked great and you can put them over the matts that already are in the car. That way you protect your carpet with two layers. The rubber winter ones, and the regular mats that came with the car. I don't get any salt stains on my carpets with them. They are custom fit too

Lloyd RubberTite Rubber Floor Mats
+ rep for that link. Good find!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Toronto - and I bought a set of Michelin mats from Canadian tire ($25 each for the front, $12 or so each for the rear). They're on sale right now for $20. If your car is a manual, I wouldn't get these mats, at least not if your foot is a size 10 or bigger - I find the back of my left heel gets caught on the edge of the mat pretty often when shifting. Also, I had to cut the driver's side mat a bit to fit around the gas pedal. The mat's are amazing though, they're significantly thicker than the Honda mats, and a lot cheaper. If I were you, I'd get 3 of them for the passengers, and find a better fitting one for the driver's seat.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts

I've got OEM mats. They are cheap compared to the allweather mats that VW sells. If I had to buy them again I would try the weathertech mats.

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
I've got OEM mats. They are cheap compared to the allweather mats that VW sells. If I had to buy them again I would try the weathertech mats.
Funny timing, my buddy gave me an early xmas present yesterday, yup weathertech floorliners that i linked above. They definately spank the OEM mats! I'll have to post up some pictures soon...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have the Honda all weather mats for my Si coupe and I have to say they are nice, they are custom fitted very nicely and the dealership gave them to me for 100$. I also got the trunk tray which is great and that was only 100$ as well. Plus everything has the nice civic logo on them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not to sure where you live man, but you can order them online from weathertech canada WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors and More. You can check out their store if you want your mats asap. Thats what i did, they are located in Hamilton.
I visited their website. It appears they only do business online.

I thought I could pay them a visit:

Write Us
WeatherTech Canada
516 Parkdale Ave North
Hamilton, ON L8H 5Y5
I'm gonna have to call them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts