8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dentrecords said:
Over? Why not just take the original mats out?

The all season mats don't slide around much at all, especially the driver's being anchored to the floor.
Will the driver side all season mats slide around if I put them over my oem mats?

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
I haven't tried them as the idea seems a bit.. silly.

Your stock mats are not anchored to the car as well as the carpet is, and therefore, they will be more prone to moving around, albeit not all that much as the original mats don't move around. You'll find better fitment if you take your original mats out. Good luck trying to fit the all season mats onto the anchor with the original mats still there.

·
Registered
514 Posts
windforce said:
Will the driver side all season mats slide around if I put them over my oem mats?
I don't think they would fit. That's not how they work.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
Please take out the cloth mats before putting in the all weather mats.
Yes, killing yourself when the mat shifts on top of accelerator would be bad. Therefore I do not recommend that you do it.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I put my all-seasons on top of the OEM mats and it felt very bulky and I'll concur that it's likely dangerous. My OEMs have been in the all season box ever since.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i have the all seasons over top of the cloth mats and have since the day i bought it ive never had any problems and the fit just fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts