8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some all seasons to replace the oem tires on my stock 16" steeleis (06 lx coupe) I do a lot of highway driving and some city/curvy back road driving. looking for something that will preform well in dry wet and snow, but i really want something that is going to be quiet.

please give any advice. thanks in advance.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I have about 18K miles on Toyo Proxies 4 but in 18's. They have gotten a bit loud lately but Im sure it would be less noise on a 16 inch wheel. Performance is good on wet and dry. no clue on the snow.

·
Banned
717 Posts
Depends on the size and what is available. I run the Potenza RE960AS model myself and love them. Great wear, responsive, exellent grip...especially in the wet. I have never looked back yet

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Falken Ziex 512..perform great both dry and wet and best bang for the buck running around $300 for all four

check out: edgeracing.com

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
dentrecords said:
Kumho ASX have treated me fairly well, especially in the wallet.. not fantastic traction in the wet, but then again I suppose it depends on just how hard you're chucking your car into the corners..

How is the sidewall on them? I dont want anything too soft?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
MordeKyle said:
ive heard a lot about the f1 a/s wearing out fast
What? The tires just came out in July. They have been on the market for a little over a month. How could they wear out fast? You must be mistaking the new Eagle F1 A/S for something else. BTW, I got the first set in the state of Minnesota. I am loving them. They are quiet, ride very well and corner unbelievably. Their tread wear rating is excellent.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
MordeKyle said:
and i read a bunch of reviews about people wearing them out in like 10k miles.
That's impossible. The tires were not officially released by Goodyear until the first week in July of 2007. How could someone drive 10K miles in one month? :SHOCKED:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts