8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Anyone have the specs for an R18 M/T (coupe if it matters) lower torque rod mount, subframe, flywheel, clutch (pressure plate and disc), transmission mount (and mount bracket), steering rack brackets, bell housing to the engine. and the little plate on the bottom with 3 bolts that covers the flywheel
I have a little free time. Give me a sec to look it up. I may need clarification on a few items... I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'll list this as part name, size of bolt and torque spec in lb-ft, special instructions (if applicable).

Flywheel bolts, 12x1.0 mm, 76 lb-ft, tighten/remove in crisscross pattern
Pressure plate, N/A, 19 lb-ft, tighten/remove in crisscross pattern
Disc is installed onto splines of the mainshaft. It should move freely, mounted below pressure plate.
Clutch cover (you list it as "little plate on the bottom with 3 bolts...covering the flywheel) 6x1.0 mm, 9 lb-ft
Subframe (4) 14x1.5 mm, 76 lb-ft, Replace bolts with new ones (if this doesn't match what you have let me know)
Middle subframe mounting bolts and bracket 12x1.25 mm 47 lb-ft, Replace bolts with new ones
Lower torque rod mounting bolts (2) 12x1.25 mm, 47 lb-ft Replace bolts with new ones
Lower torque rod mounting bolt (1) 14x1.5 mm, 69 lb-ft
Transmission mounting bracket bolts and nuts (5 bolts, 2 nuts) 12x1.25 mm, Bolt in center of bracket tighten to 54 lb-ft, the four bolts...two on each side of the center one, tighten to 43 lb-ft. The two nuts on either side of the center bolt, tighten to 54 lb-ft.
Upper transmission mounting bolts, 12x1.25 mm 47 lb-ft.
Upper torque rod mount (1) 12x1.25 mm, 47 lb-ft
Lower transmission mounting bolts on front side 12x1.25 mm 47 lb-ft
Lower transmission mounting bolts on rear side 12x1.25 mm 47 lb-ft

Working on the rest.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Transmission housing (14) 8x1.25mm flange, 20 lb-ft, remove/install in crisscross pattern, install finger tight then torque to spec in crisscross pattern.

The upper and lower mounts mentioned in previous post is for the clutch housing to engine. I listed both just in case.

For steering rack I'm going to assume you mean the steering gearbox stiffener plates and mounting brackets.
Mounting bracket is marked with FR and an arrow on the inside crescent of the bracket. 2 bolts 10x1.25 28 lb-ft. Other bracket looks like a Z sort of, 2 bolts, 10x1.25, upper one looks flanged 43 lb-ft, lower one is shorter, 40 lb-ft.

Hope this helps. If you need any others just say the word.

These values are listed for R18 model M/T only.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts