8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
i think they changed the tq specs on the spark plugs, it was 16 ft lbs and now its changed to 18 ft lbs and it states to not use anti seize, i know i read this for the s2000, but for the si the tq is 16 ft lbs, not 12

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
the s2000 had changed torque specs because spark plugs backed out.

The si shouldn't need the changes though.

I think the change was from 13 to 18 ft/lbs btw k20z3

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im avout to put my NST pulleys in and i saw the crank pulley torque ad the ideler torque but what about the alternator pulley torque? And please repost those torque specs for the crank and ideler if they have changed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry for opening this thread back up, but anyone have the head bolt torque specs, and any others that aren't here that I would need to get the head back on after replacing the head gasket, and rebuilding the head?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
All encompassing?? There's nothing for the transmission or subframe or anything...which is what i needed..
What tq specs do you need for the transmission (AT, MT)? I have a service manual, I can possibly look it up for you. I'll post the other requested specs in a few minutes.

EDIT: You'll have to be more specific as to what you need for both the trans and subframe.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sorry for opening this thread back up, but anyone have the head bolt torque specs, and any others that aren't here that I would need to get the head back on after replacing the head gasket, and rebuilding the head?
R18A1
Tighten sequence
8 2 4 6
5 3 1 7
Tighten each bolt in three steps with the final torquing to the value below
Torque each bolt to 7.4 lbf-ft

K20Z3
Tighten sequence
4 2 6
3 1 5
Tighten each bolt in three steps with the final torquing to the value below
Torque each bolt to 8.7 lbf-ft

Do not run the engine for 3 hours after installation of head cover. Wait 30 minutes after installation to add oil.

·
1* Man
21,518 Posts
What tq specs do you need for the transmission (AT, MT)? I have a service manual, I can possibly look it up for you. I'll post the other requested specs in a few minutes.

EDIT: You'll have to be more specific as to what you need for both the trans and subframe.
I wanted to know what the 4 main subframe bolts are, and also the bolts for the bell housing. It's on my si, so manual trans.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I wanted to know what the 4 main subframe bolts are, and also the bolts for the bell housing. It's on my si, so manual trans.
The four main front subframe bolts are 14 x 1.5 mm and connect the subframe to the body of the vehicle.
They should be tightened to 75.9 lbf-ft.

Mating the transmission to the engine block looks like 6 bolts.
Front has 3 and rear has 3. They are 12 x 1.25 mm and all should be torqued to 47 lbf-ft.

Let me know if that's what you needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have the specs for an R18 M/T (coupe if it matters) lower torque rod mount, subframe, flywheel, clutch (pressure plate and disc), transmission mount (and mount bracket), steering rack brackets, bell housing to the engine. and the little plate on the bottom with 3 bolts that covers the flywheel

21 - 40 of 45 Posts