8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always wanted a convenient list of every torque spec for every bolt/part for our cars and figured it would be one of the more useful threads on here to have. So on with the list: (this is the part where you all start listing tq specs lol) Some examples:

DISCLAIMER: DOUBLE CHECK THESE SPECS! I, NOR 8THCIVIC WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISHAPS/DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE. THIS LIST OF TORQUE SPECS IS FOR THE K20Z3 ENGINE. THERE ARE A FEW FOR THE R18 AND WILL BE LABELED ACCORDINGLY

Any tq specs requested will be posted up here as well so feel free to ask or suggest specs I should post up. (I have the manuals)

Any suggestions to help make this more convenient/better for users is appreciated!

Header: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv267/obert1976/2010-08-06211432.jpg
Bolts/locking nuts into engine: 33 lb-ft
OEM header cover bolts: 16 lb-ft
OEM spring-bolt (cat to header flange): 16 ft-lb
OEM header bracket bolts: 33 lb-ft

Exhaust: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv267/obert1976/2010-08-06211454.jpg
Self locking cat to B pipe flange nut: 25 lb-ft
Muffler to B pipe spring bolt: 16 lb-ft
Cat to header spring bolt: 16 lb-ft
Heat shield bolts: 7.2 lb-ft
Secondary O2 sensor: 33 lb-ft

Rear sway bar: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/leche6969/rsb.jpg
End links 28 lb-ft
Brackets 36 lb-ft

Strut towers:
Si: 43 lb-ft
r18: 33 lb-ft

HFP suspension: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/8th_gen_civ_coupe/svbsuspension.pdf
Front strut lower bolts (aka damper pinch bolts): 67 lb-ft (for the bolts supplied with the hfp kit)
(rear) Trailing arm: 80 lb-ft
(rear) Damper flange bolt: 43 lb-ft
(rear) Stabilizer link: 29 lb-ft
brake hose mounting bracket: 16 lb-ft
wheel sensor: 7 lb-ft

Spark plugs:
12 lb-ft (although most do hand tight. Make sure to put anti-seize on the threads)

Cam towers: http://www.k-series.com/media/albums/album10/abo.jpg
*NOTE* these should be tightened 2-3 turns at a time following the specified pattern above. AFTER you've done this till they're all snug (do not strong arm them) the tq spec is: 16 lb-ft (I recommend you tq them all in sequence to 8 lb-ft then go over them again to 16 lb-ft)

Cams:
Intake cam gear: 83 lb-ft
Exhaust cam gear: 51 lb-ft
Pulse plates: 29 lb-ft

Pulleys:
Crank Pulley: 36 lb-ft and an additional 90 degree turn after torqued.
Tensioner pulley: 41 lb-ft
Idler pulley: 16 lb-ft

Mounts and Torque rods
upper torque rod: all three are 47ft/lbs (torque the shorter ones first)
front mount: 47ft/lbs. bracket bolts are 54ft/lbs
lower torque rod: 65ft/lbs for the bolt that goes horizontal and 69ft/lbs for the one that goes vertical.

I'll be filling in some info myself later on but figured I'd launch it now to get more input in the mean time

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
^ This is a great idea. When you get it started, I will sticky it. The community will greatly appreciate this as well. Thanks Julian.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Awesome idea!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've got a list of all the bolts that are used in the k20a2/z1 + most of the torque specs if you'd like to add it to the thread.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure they're pretty much the same (of course we will double check them all before that's assumed)

I think what we'll do is make this one for the k20z3 only (so that people can just open it and CTR+F whatever they'll looking for without having to chance the mistake of landing on the wrong engine)

We can always do the a2 z1 thread (and if they're the same then this thread will serve the same purpose anyway)

For now go ahead and email me the list at jsbpfernandez - yahoo

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I have the honda service manuals for our civic if you would like some info out of them. PM me with what you want and I can look it up for you and send the info to you :)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the honda service manuals for our civic if you would like some info out of them. PM me with what you want and I can look it up for you and send the info to you :)
I have them also :thumb: but any info you wanna throw on here will be appreciated :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lied. Added a couple more

Any tq specs requested will be posted up here as well so feel free to ask or suggest specs I should post up. (I have the manuals)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good idea. I was just going to post a thread about this.

Anybody have the torque spec for the serpentine belt idler pulley and tensioner pulley (not the tensioner assembly - just the pulley).

Thanks! :beer:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good idea. I was just going to post a thread about this.

Anybody have the torque spec for the serpentine belt idler pulley and tensioner pulley (not the tensioner assembly - just the pulley).

Thanks! :beer:
I can get it for you tonight (about to go to HIN/NOPI) if someone hasn't chimed in by then

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Having trouble finding the specs for the idler pulley and tensioner pulley, still looking

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for looking - I picked up a service manual, and the pulley specs are as follows:

Tensioner pulley: 41 ft-lbs
Idler pulley: 16 ft-lbs

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for looking - I picked up a service manual, and the pulley specs are as follows:

Tensioner pulley: 41 ft-lbs
Idler pulley: 16 ft-lbs
Thanks

I blame my lack of searching skills lol. What section did you find it in? I spent like 30min looking

1 - 20 of 45 Posts