8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i know this is a stupid question i'm sure you have all heard it before.i got the service reminder wrench symbol as well as 15% remaing oil,i did my oil change,so 1)how do i get the oil back to 100%,totally forgot
2)how do i get that wrench off my dash,will it come off once i reset the oil gauge.

·
Registered
970 Posts
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. Press the SEL/RESET button repeatedly until the engine oil life is displayed.
3. Press the SEL/RESET button for about 10 seconds. The engine oil life and the maintenance item code will blink.
4. Press the SEL/RESET button for more than 5 seconds. The maintenance item code will
disappear, and the engine oil life will reset to ‘‘100.’’

The wrench will disappear when you follow those steps and the oil life will be reset.

PS: It's all on pg 184 of the owner's manual.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hello,
i know this is a stupid question i'm sure you have all heard it before.i got the service reminder wrench symbol as well as 15% remaing oil,i did my oil change,so 1)how do i get the oil back to 100%,totally forgot
2)how do i get that wrench off my dash,will it come off once i reset the oil gauge.

Don't worry. You're not alone. It took me 2 days to get rid of it. I'm sure Honda had the chance to make it user friendly. But that would be too much to ask.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Don't worry. You're not alone. It took me 2 days to get rid of it. I'm sure Honda had the chance to make it user friendly. But that would be too much to ask.
So holding down a button that says RESET on it for a few seconds isn't "user friendly" enough for you? :facepalm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts