8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I put the HFP suspension on a week ago. I had lowered my RSX but it was not this stiff, so the ride is new to me. I went and got my alignment done (just got stock specs, 9/10th highway driving) and at low speeds the car goes in a straight line. When Im at highway speeds the car tends to want to vier to the side with the slope of the road.

So, in short my question is do stiffer suspension tend to vier a little bit more then a softer one? or did they mess something up after they took all the alignment stuff off?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
MDO677 said:
So, I put the HFP suspension on a week ago. I had lowered my RSX but it was not this stiff, so the ride is new to me. I went and got my alignment done (just got stock specs, 9/10th highway driving) and at low speeds the car goes in a straight line. When Im at highway speeds the car tends to want to vier to the side with the slope of the road.

So, in short my question is do stiffer suspension tend to vier a little bit more then a softer one? or did they mess something up after they took all the alignment stuff off?
no it should not make your car veer off. take your car back and ask them to do it right. btw get a front/rear camber kit. stock alignment is ****.

·
Registered
898 Posts
MDO677 said:
That's not abnormal at all. Varying road conditions can make certain areas feel like your car is out of alignment. Only if it pulled all the time, regardless of the road surface, would I be concerned. It's annoying, I know. Best thing would be to go back to the shop and address your concerns with the alignment tech and seek his advice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vince said:
That's not abnormal at all. Varying road conditions can make certain areas feel like your car is out of alignment. Only if it pulled all the time, regardless of the road surface, would I be concerned. It's annoying, I know. Best thing would be to go back to the shop and address your concerns with the alignment tech and seek his advice.

Well this is what I was feeling was the best thing but I didn't want to get a BS answer from them. I just don't remember my RSX wanting to move to the outside so much.

Im not to keen on the place after they test drove it after the alignment (which pissed me off) and the guy gave me my keys and said " It doesn't even have torque steer". I could have decked the guy. The car even today only has 300 miles on it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts