8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I have a issue I need help with. So I got new wheels and tires 18x8 40 mil offset enkei’s and 225 wide tires firestone firehwak Indy 500. I got them pre mounted and balanced by fitment industries. So once I installed them everything seemed great nothing weird happened with the install, but then I went to test drive them and the car pulls to the right quite a bit, when before the car drove perfectly straight. I figured great probably need a alignment with these. No biggie tho! So I found a good shop to do it and it was out of wack so he got it all straight and it helped, but still pulled to the right a lot! So I went back naturally and he re aligned it said it was still all in the green but he adjusted it more. And it still drifts to the right now If not more now. He told me it could be something with the tires and I should try rotating them. So I did I switched the fronts right to left. Still drifted to the right. Switched the rear. STILL drifts to the right. So two alignments and rotated the tires and it still drifts to the right I have to hold the steering wheel at about 11:30 O’clock. So anyone know what this could be? Bad tires? Or wheels? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
It could even just be bad suspension parts, worn out, plus the wheels are much larger than stock wheels, I’d bet it’s a worn suspension part and due to the size difference it kind of just highlighted it now with the bigger set up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could even just be bad suspension parts, worn out, plus the wheels are much larger than stock wheels, I’d bet it’s a worn suspension part and due to the size difference it kind of just highlighted it now with the bigger set up.
Could be! The wheels are bigger but they are also lighter by 4 pounds. I took it to a shop to have it aligned so I’d be surprised if any thing is worn out because I think they checked for that I’ll check it out my self tho.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I only said it because it has happened too me, on my k24 accord we visually saw nothing wrong with the outer tie rod but when we disassembled it, literally ripped torn and fell apart in our hands. Be wary.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Id check tire pressure too 😐.
Same happened to me found out it they filled it over 60psi on the left side. :p
Also, do you think its the steering wheel alligment thats off?
Maybe its not the tires/torque steer all that much, maybe just the steering wheel position.
But...if it goes straight when you hold the steering wheel straight then thats not the prob.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id check tire pressure too 😐.
Same happened to me found out it they filled it over 60psi on the left side. :p
Also, do you think its the steering wheel alligment thats off?
Maybe its not the tires/torque steer all that much, maybe just the steering wheel position.
But...if it goes straight when you hold the steering wheel straight then thats not the prob.
I recently fixed it actually. I think it was a combination of steering wheel alignment and tire pressure one tire was set to 37 while others were 34 and I got a wheel steering wheel alignment and it’s fixed

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently fixed it actually. I think it was a combination of steering wheel alignment and tire pressure one tire was set to 37 while others were 34 and I got a wheel steering wheel alignment and it’s fixed
There u go👉🏼👍🏻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts