8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
if you have an auto tranny go for it but if you have manual, you can just forget about the remote start its not advisable to have remote start on a manual tranny its prolly the WORST upgrade ever

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that one advantage of auto....

what about the viper 5900... i cant seem to find the difference between 5900 and 791

·
Partymember 101
445 Posts
if you have an auto tranny go for it but if you have manual, you can just forget about the remote start its not advisable to have remote start on a manual tranny its prolly the WORST upgrade ever
I'm so sick of seeing people say this bullshit. Go do your research. DEI makes a module (689M, I believe) appropriately entitled "Manual Neutral Safety Module"

What this module does is not allow the remote start feature to function if the vehicles transmission is not in neutral with the parking brake applied.

Doesn't get any frickin' safer than that.

Oh, this comes at a cost of $30 and can be applied to every single DEI alarm product line.

·
Registered
718 Posts
compustar has remote starts for manual cars as well. If there was ANY question as to the car being in nuetral with the e-brake locked, the car wouldn't start. Period. You had to put it in nuetral and lock the e-brake, then turn the key and remove it, then get out of the car. When you shut the door, the car would shut off and arm the alarm. If you so much as forgot something in the car and disarmed it and then rearmed it, it wouldn't start, because you could have put it in gear.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I would recommend compustar to anyone, manual or automatic. The FM ones have a long range and 2-way paging.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get it installed in your city. with the way civic's are being broken into lately, I'd drive an hour or two away, give em a bogus address, get installed, and don't brag to your friends about what kinda alarm you've got.:thumb:

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
and about the whole COMPUSTAR, um yea. They're great. My dad works on the 16th floor at Nationwide Insurance and on one of my cars I started it from his office window in front of his co-workers (BMW owners and Lexus owners) and laughed at them and reminded them that my car'd be warm by the time I got there.

Compustar FM series FTW:thumb:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i saw the honda one before, but it doesnt have an alarm, i feel like i'm not protected with the factory alarm

i'm doing a personal install, so theres no worries about the shop getting my address

compustar you say? i'll look into that one, thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts