8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys as a Dsm guy i know SEARCH THE FORMS!

So I have and have heard some good things about AK47 Axle back exhausts. Pretty cheap priced, and looks like good quality. Here's the question: Are they even in business anymore?

There is no website/phone number listed for them anywhere. My Si is used as a daily RELIABLE driver. I already have an AEM intake, and now want to do an exhaust to start with. No Hondata or further mods like headers are planned in the future. Thanks to my other car sucking out 10k+ from me, I have limited my price to under $200 for an axle back. If you guys think AK47 sucks, throw me a better suggestion.

Yeah yeah I can take the dsm jokes. I got the Si because I got tired of getting towed once a month. :)

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I've never once heard of an AK47 exhaust so I can't tell you what it's like. If you're just going for an axle back though, I can't imagine the bigger name brands everybody sticks with being too terribly aboove your $200 budget.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be honest I haven't seen anything below $270 (Sale price shipped) and even with my jobber cost hookup I'm looking at $220ish. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I'll be honest I haven't seen anything below $270 (Sale price shipped) and even with my jobber cost hookup I'm looking at $220ish. Anyone have any suggestions?
Believe me, nobody understands the pains of trying to tune on a budget more than me. Sadly this isn't one of those cost effective hobbies. If an extra $70-$1XX + is a deciding factor for you, this is probably the wrong hobby for you. Just save up the extra money and get what you'd rather have. If the AK47 is what you really want go with that. You do get what you pay for though in this hobby, and you should keep that in mind. Also, once you have the mod bug the parts only get more expensive.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
If you don't have a problem buying used, check out the FS forum here. I just checked real quick and there is a magnaflow catback going for 200 plus shipping and a Tsudo catback going for 175 shipped.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Pigfragger Yup that is the one. I don't think they are around anymore though.

@Atl Si Thanks I didn't even notice that. I will have to see if anyone is local to CT.

@mattsbobo I hear you man. But it makes me sick knowing I paid $400 for a full Turbo back 3' exhaust from Tanabe, for the less than the price of a catback on these cars. I guess i gotta suck it up and deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys as a Dsm guy i know SEARCH THE FORMS!

So I have and have heard some good things about AK47 Axle back exhausts. Pretty cheap priced, and looks like good quality. Here's the question: Are they even in business anymore?

There is no website/phone number listed for them anywhere. My Si is used as a daily RELIABLE driver. I already have an AEM intake, and now want to do an exhaust to start with. No Hondata or further mods like headers are planned in the future. Thanks to my other car sucking out 10k+ from me, I have limited my price to under $200 for an axle back. If you guys think AK47 sucks, throw me a better suggestion.

Yeah yeah I can take the dsm jokes. I got the Si because I got tired of getting towed once a month. :)

yea man i feel you. I'm 17 years old with a minimum wage job. I have the smallest budget when it comes to modding my si. I've been trying to find that ak 47 axle back exhaust. It really pisses me off they have no website or any way to contact them. it makes me wonder if they're even legit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts