8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm from Belgium and this is my Honda Civic FK3... :)

This is how she looked when I bought her: (totally standard)

Specs:
Honda Civic FK3
5-door hatchback
2.2 i-ctdi (diesel) engine
140.00 PS (103 kW or 138 HP) at 4000 Rev. per min.
340.00 Nm (34.7 kgf-m or 250.8 ft.lbs) at 2000 Rev. per min.
Front wheel drive
6-speed manual transmission
0-100 km/h (0 to 62 mph): 8.6 seconds

First update: Honda OEM Sports gear knob

Always been a member of the Civinfo.com forum, this is a special forum for the 2006-on Euro hatchback Civics ;)

A first "photoshoot" at the local industry scene:

Then I installed an 8000K xenon set in the headlamps, white leds in the interior lights, sidelights and license plate lights. Also installed red footwell lights to the front footwells. Note that the xenon gives a nice white light with a distinctive blue hint. They are absolutely nowhere as blue as in the picture...

I also installed a "Civic" 3rd brake light cover :)

Then it was time for the first big update: I installed the grand prix pack, which consists of a front- and rear splitter. But this normally only fits onto the 3-door hatchback, so I had to adapt this a little bit, and also had to put the 3-door wheel arches, sideskirts, etc... on.

Then some more small updates:

* Put some red "H" logo's over the centrecaps:

* H11 Led foglight bulb which goes nice with the 8000K xenon headlights

* De-tango: Replaced the original orange rear sidemarkers by white ones :-D

* The girlfriend was helping me washing the car :D :p

* Bought some 2nd hand rear reflectors (these were unbelievable expensive when bought new through Honda) on eBay:

* Bought a leather gear gaiter (for before pictures, view above):

* Type S decals:

* Painted the engine cover gold:

* Painted the front calipers red:

* Painted the rear calipers red:

During winter season, you'll definitely need winter tyres. So I bought myself a set of Nokian winter tyres and also new winter alloys (they are only on the car during winter season):

And to finish, some pictures of the car at the moment:

Future plans:

* rear boot spoiler (OEM Type R)

* lowering (-25mm Eibach springs)

I hope you like this short presentation of my car and my mods. Please feel free to leave some feedback!!

Grtz,

AJ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a type S, so... ;)

We also have the Type R brand, but those have a K20 engine...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
oh and probably should take of the brembo decals. unlike the type S decals, those are definitely not brembo brakes. should put nissin on instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more pics of girlfriend?
I'll ask her if she wants to do a little photoshoot with the car ;-) Maybe better if I wait untill summer? :p

oh and probably should take of the brembo decals. unlike the type S decals, those are definitely not brembo brakes. should put nissin on instead.
I quite like your "Nissin" idea... I just wanted to put some white text on them, to break the red a bit... And had already enough "Type S" logo's, so didn't really knew what to put on them. Thanks, mate!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D Got a little present in the mail today!!! :D

I bought myself a genuine OEM Type R spoiler from TDI North... :D I paid just a bit more, including P&P, than I would have paid for a DeltaStyling replica...

The spoiler itself is still in great condition, the paintwork is still good. As Paul described there are some small scratches on it. I'm going to try to polish them out, but I think some of them are too deep... So I still haven't decided if I'm going to repaint it or leave it like it is... :confused:

I don't know yet how I'm going to attach the spoiler. I'm going to ask my dad for help and I'll go down the route he prefers (I think that it's going to involve drilling and bolting the spoiler on... ;-) ) But we'll see. Will be something for when the weather gets better (this spring probably). :)

I did already lay it on the car to take some pictures. :D Made a little comparison shoot of the car with and without the Type R spoiler :) Enjoy! :cool: :p

Personally, I think it finishes the car's look (except some Eibach springs which will follow this summer). What do you guys think of it? :p :cool:

Edit: Don't mind the filthy car. :p I washed her yesterday!! Those bl**dy roadworks in my street just never end! :-(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that spoiler is sick, very subtle but def makes a dif. need drop and maybe some dif wheels
Drop is coming this summer probably and those are just my winter wheels.. :) It has been snowing a lot over here, so you'll definitely need winter tyres. I also upgraded with winter alloys :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
those are amazing cars. i love hatchbacks. wish they had these here :(

i do like your car. i like the black on black wheel setup. maybe you should make them your summer wheels :)

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
dang looks clean so far man but... yeah ppls might laugh at u for those brembos cuz those are suppose to be looking big u can tell urs are stock =[ not to be mean but looks clean so far man gj

·
Registered
217 Posts
As usual us Americans get stuck with the boring models. This hatchback NEEDS to be over here!!!! problem is with the American mentality the ugly Malibus and Impalas are the hot sellers...NICE RIDE!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New update: carbon wrapped dash

Wrapped my dash panels with some carbon wrap... Looks great IMO... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts