8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my deposit down on my Greddy turbo kit for my 07 Si Sedan but now im beginning to look at AJP's turbo kit and what it comes with and im beginning to have second doubts. Turbo experts pls help this noob out with determining which kit he should get for his whip...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
:police:what AJP kit are you looking at? becasue the one that you can buy from their website doesnt come WITH anyhting....you have to actually but more parts to get ti to work correctly...i mean better. lol.:laughing:

definatly stick with the greddy kit if you want drivability and easy install.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Well im talking about as far as power gains are concerned and maybe you arent looking at the one im looking at but here is the website regardless...

http://www.ajperformance.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_43_57&products_id=137789

I personally agree Greddy is a stronger better brand with more quality but I just wanna make sure im getting my bang for my buck :biggrin:
if you have the patneince to buy a kit that might not fit 100% and deal with a car that might not run correctly, then AJP is for you. the gains (after tuning is available) will be by far better than greddy, but with the amount of custom work that the AJP kit may take to install, you mind as well just buy their turbo manifold and make your own. and just so you realize, you cannot run the AJP kit withut the reflash or the return fuel kit, so add another $1050 to the price of the kit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well apparently it seems that we have a Greddy crowd in the house, alright then since that issue is over my next question is what does it take to upgrade my turbo once its on and how much hp gain can i get through upgrades? btw my turbo should be on by the end of this month if all goes according to plan...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
If your already planning to upgrade the Greddy kit.. I would be patient and wait for RedShift kit to hit the market. They have a test car and worked out most of the details on paper anyways.

I had the Greddy kit and it was fun but wanted more and know spending serious $$$ to upgrade. You should have a better idea early next year on RedShift kit and price!!

·
Banned
8,350 Posts
if you have the patneince to buy a kit that might not fit 100% and deal with a car that might not run correctly, then AJP is for you. the gains (after tuning is available) will be by far better than greddy, but with the amount of custom work that the AJP kit may take to install, you mind as well just buy their turbo manifold and make your own. and just so you realize, you cannot run the AJP kit withut the reflash or the return fuel kit, so add another $1050 to the price of the kit.
dont forget about the 3" exhaust system.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah but how reliable is RedShift? and how come I have never heard of them before? How much have you spent on your upgrades for your Greddy kit and what have you done?:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Whats FTL and I saw the double post so I quick changed it lol
FTL = For The Lose.

Redshift has just come out, they have not released any F/I products yet, however their team is extremely knowledgeable, and they do seem to be making progress, but dont expect anything within the year or until the second quarter of 2008.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Well apparently it seems that we have a Greddy crowd in the house, alright then since that issue is over my next question is what does it take to upgrade my turbo once its on and how much hp gain can i get through upgrades? btw my turbo should be on by the end of this month if all goes according to plan...:thumb:
there is no good tuning options available for our car, o chnaging a turbo is not really an option. the best EMS avaialbe now it teh greddy e-manage ultimate and i think there are releasing a plug and play harness for it soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.