8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
The 510 was on the shop car. The shop car did and still is not using the components that they actually sell on their storefront.

In my opinion, AJP saying that the kit produces 510 at 20 psi is very misleading to say the least. The only way they got to that was by changing out parts used in the kit and adding a lot more than what is included in the kit by itself. They also cannot claim that the 510 was done with stock internals.

·
Banned
223 Posts
last time i was at ajp i was talking to the owner and he said that they dropped out the motor and were building it up to handle more power. right before they dropped the motor he said it was making 650whp and 20 psi and after he is done building up the motor it will produce 750whp. so i have no idea as far as tuning can produce them numbers.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
it was on stock internals. they JUST rebuilt it. they made an 11.9 pass with it aswell. from what i hear the new motor is insane lol. they just finished the break in on it though. Maybe tigre will confirm this.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
it was on stock internals. they JUST rebuilt it. they made an 11.9 pass with it aswell. from what i hear the new motor is insane lol. they just finished the break in on it though. Maybe tigre will confirm this.
My post was referring to the way the car was just before they sent the motor out to get built up. Before that happened and when they did the dyno at 510, the car did not have stock internals. It was also not using the same turbo that they sell with the turbo kit itself (they were using a turbonetics turbo, but sell a Precision one with the kits). Other differences on the shop car at the time it made the 510 dyno run include:

1) Using a BDL fuel rail (as part of the fuel return kit that is an additional cost over the turbo kit itself...In addition, the fuel return kit includes a Golden Eagle fuel rail vice the BDL one used on the shop car)

2) Using RC Engineering injectors (the turbo kit includes Precision injectors)

3) Running an oil catch can that was plumbed to the exhaust (not included with the turbo kit or the fuel return kit)

4) Running a ClutchMasters clutch (don't know if they also changed to a light weight flywheel, but it is not included with the price of the turbo kit either)

5) Running a vacuum distribution block (another item not included with the turbo kit)

6) Custom Hondata reflash specific for the setup on their shop car (the Hondata reflash is not included in the price of the turbo kit and the reflash you receive will not be the same as the one used specifically on the shop car).

7) They admitted to modifying the stock oil pump to prevent oil starvation in the upper RPM range (not included with the turbo kit and it is also internal to the engine assembly)

8) In one of my many visits to the shop (and prior to the 510 dyno run), one of the workers said that the car had stock internals whereas Ron mentioned to me that they recently put in new rods and lower compression 9.5:1 pistons (again not included with the turbo kit).

9) Using their full 3" exhaust system without a cat (even more stuff not included with the turbo kit itself).

The car however was not using the ported intake manifold that they sell although it was powdercoated. Think what you will but if you truely believe that you can get 510 at 20 psi out of just the ajp turbo kit (like they advertise on the main page on their site), then you are in for a rude awakening.

Other than that, have you seen anyone other than AJP produce a dyno sheet using just the turbo kit alone or even everything that they offer where the car was putting down over 400whp?

Cheers,
Eric

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Jorge's car put down 411. I do see though how you say it is misleading. Just the base kit alone will not make that power. You do need to add alot to get full potential. I will add aswell that since the AEM F/IC is confirmed. Something like new rods and pistons is not completely out of the question for my car :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
I managed 411whp @ around 10psi..I also hit boost cut that night..I want to know why the kit cant produce 510whp?...Oh and it was stock internals in the shop car on the 510 pull..Im not sure where you are getting your information from...Nobody will get 510whp because the managment system limits you to 8.5psi..The 510whp was a demonstration of the kit's limit when you have the boost cut unlocked...In my case, I must have had some boost spike :lildevil:

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
My post was referring to the way the car was just before they sent the motor out to get built up. Before that happened and when they did the dyno at 510, the car did not have stock internals. It was also not using the same turbo that they sell with the turbo kit itself (they were using a turbonetics turbo, but sell a Precision one with the kits). Other differences on the shop car at the time it made the 510 dyno run include:

1) Using a BDL fuel rail (as part of the fuel return kit that is an additional cost over the turbo kit itself...In addition, the fuel return kit includes a Golden Eagle fuel rail vice the BDL one used on the shop car)

2) Using RC Engineering injectors (the turbo kit includes Precision injectors)

3) Running an oil catch can that was plumbed to the exhaust (not included with the turbo kit or the fuel return kit)

4) Running a ClutchMasters clutch (don't know if they also changed to a light weight flywheel, but it is not included with the price of the turbo kit either)

5) Running a vacuum distribution block (another item not included with the turbo kit)

6) Custom Hondata reflash specific for the setup on their shop car (the Hondata reflash is not included in the price of the turbo kit and the reflash you receive will not be the same as the one used specifically on the shop car).

7) They admitted to modifying the stock oil pump to prevent oil starvation in the upper RPM range (not included with the turbo kit and it is also internal to the engine assembly)

8) In one of my many visits to the shop (and prior to the 510 dyno run), one of the workers said that the car had stock internals whereas Ron mentioned to me that they recently put in new rods and lower compression 9.5:1 pistons (again not included with the turbo kit).

9) Using their full 3" exhaust system without a cat (even more stuff not included with the turbo kit itself).

The car however was not using the ported intake manifold that they sell although it was powdercoated. Think what you will but if you truely believe that you can get 510 at 20 psi out of just the ajp turbo kit (like they advertise on the main page on their site), then you are in for a rude awakening.

Other than that, have you seen anyone other than AJP produce a dyno sheet using just the turbo kit alone or even everything that they offer where the car was putting down over 400whp?

Cheers,
Eric
Since when does an oil catch can, and a vacuum block have anything to do with howmuch horsepower a car makes?

There is a member on here thats making 411 WHP with stock internals. I have seen his car on the dyno, and have drove in his car. AJP NOW has a fully built motor, and before did not. a modified oil pump dosnt mean any of the interals were beefed up.

You need an exhaust and a better clutch to make these power levels. thats a given. There kit is capable of it. believe it or not.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Since when does an oil catch can, and a vacuum block have anything to do with howmuch horsepower a car makes?

There is a member on here thats making 411 WHP with stock internals. I have seen his car on the dyno, and have drove in his car. AJP NOW has a fully built motor, and before did not. a modified oil pump dosnt mean any of the interals were beefed up.

You need an exhaust and a better clutch to make these power levels. thats a given. There kit is capable of it. believe it or not.
AJP's own, one off kit for their shop car can make the 510 hp, but the kit they sell over the counter can not. Thats all Blue is saying. Sure oil catch cans and vacuum blocks don't make power, but a different turbo, injectorts and reflash will.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
I managed 411whp @ around 10psi..I also hit boost cut that night..I want to know why the kit cant produce 510whp?...Oh and it was stock internals in the shop car on the 510 pull..Im not sure where you are getting your information from...Nobody will get 510whp because the managment system limits you to 8.5psi..The 510whp was a demonstration of the kit's limit when you have the boost cut unlocked...In my case, I must have had some boost spike :lildevil:
I just made all of that other stuff up. :biggrin:

So anotherwords, you agree that they are falsely advertising their turbo kit then since no one that has their stuff installed can expect to receive anywhere close to 510whp with what they sell. Other than that, what did they do to have the boost cut (i.e., fuel cut) unlocked? How did you have a boost spike, when the reflash is suppose to cut fuel if you try to exceed 8.5 psi.

Other than that, I stand corrected...you are the only person that has the kit installed that pushed over 411whp (but it needed more boost than the 8.5 psi that everyone else is limited to).

·
Banned
3,565 Posts

I am not saying that the power level is unobtainable. What I am saying is that they advertise the kit as being able to run up to 20psi/510whp and that is a lie. The kit by itself cannot produce those numbers. Even if you get suckered in and then add all of the other stuff that they sell, you still cannot get anywhere near those numbers.

BTW, AJP and others did get better results after installing a vacuum block. That was mainly because when they did not have one installed, they just kept installing T-fittings off of one vacuum hose to the boost gauge, BOV, and FPR. As a result, the car was not running as efficiently since each of those components was not seeing the same amount of pressure/vacuum. I am not trying to say that a vacuum block is a performance upgrade, but it is if you didn't have the hose connections run correctly in the first place. Also, I believe Marvie posted a dyno previously showing the difference that they saw after installing a vacuum block.

In my opinion, modifying anything that is inside of the block itself constitutes modifying the internals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.