man he was haulin ass. cant wait!

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
i think he was spinning all of first and second still lol

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
i dunno where i saw it or whatever but i think he did like 8.54 in the 1/8 don't quote me i may be wrong i'm going to keep looking

EDIT: yea i couldnt find it. I sent him a msg asking him though.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
yea i mean the kit was built and tuned with the turbo that comes with it. if you choose to change it not much they can do for you. :( might just have to wait til custom tuning comes around.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
doeesnt the ajp kit coast like 7k and still not work right

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
uh... it costs a little more to get everything you need to run it properly. but who said it doesnt work right? people who made changes to the kit? there are quite a few people running this kit right now with no issues. mine gets installed in december.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
lit420_si said:
Would you consider going back to the original turbo?
I thought about that, but the cost to switch would be about the same as a programmable ECM whenever it comes out. The car is not my daily driver, so I'd rather just wait.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Nathen said:
uh... it costs a little more to get everything you need to run it properly. but who said it doesnt work right? people who made changes to the kit? there are quite a few people running this kit right now with no issues. mine gets installed in december.
My question to you is how many people out there purchased the AJP turbo kit and are still running it on their car? If it was bullet-proof, then you would not see so many people complaining, selling the kit itself and then the car it was installed upon.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
some people like zionrug is selling his to get something even faster. and other people spent the money on the kit and then ran into money problems. you see the same thing with the greddy kit when you talk about reliability. i'm going to leave it at that because i dont have the kit on yet but i know lit420 doesnt seem to be having problems, and the airbrush guy likes his. i don't know why you are hating on them you have the kit and made changes and thats why its not running 100%.

EDIT: also how many people *actually* are complaining about the kit? or sold it and the car it was on?

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Nathen said:
some people like zionrug is selling his to get something even faster.
I've heard that before and it seems to work as a good selling point for someone to ditch efforts and recoup some of the money that they dumped into a kit that should have worked in the first place. Prior to responding, I bumped a thread as I was really looking forward to zionrug having his car dynoed at RedShift since the offer was made. He seemed to be truely happy with the kit, but I guess that is not the case if he now has it for sale.

Nathen said:
and other people spent the money on the kit and then ran into money problems.
Money issues is an individual problem. People in those circumstances should have never ponied up the money in the first place if it was over extending themselves to where they could not deal with the costs associated with a car that has a turbo (especially since it did not have one installed from the factory).

Nathen said:
you see the same thing with the greddy kit when you talk about reliability.
I don't think so. Simply search and look around. If you added up all of the numbers of people that sold their AJP kit it would not even be near the number of those that are selling their Greddy and Comptech kit combined.

Nathen said:
i'm going to leave it at that because i dont have the kit on yet but i know lit420 doesnt seem to be having problems, and the airbrush guy likes his.
Best of luck to you then. I'm just trying to voice my experiences and opinion to help save you some heartburn down the road.

Nathen said:
i don't know why you are hating on them you have the kit and made changes and thats why its not running 100%.
I had their stage II turbo before I upgraded to the GT35R. FWIW, I had the same issues with the turbo included with the kit that I have experienced with the upgraded one (minus slight differences in AFRs).

Nathen said:
EDIT: also how many people *actually* are complaining about the kit? or sold it and the car it was on?
More than you can imagine. I still have the kit installed, but don't drive the car anymore. I made a decision to dump a bunch of money into this project and want to see it to completion rather than having my engine pop or suckering someone into buying my kit that has been sugar coated.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
blueroadster said:
More than you can imagine. I still have the kit installed, but don't drive the car anymore. I made a decision to dump a bunch of money into this project and want to see it to completion rather than having my engine pop or suckering someone into buying my kit that has been sugar coated.
So who? More than I can imagine is that like... 2? 3? names?

Zionrug (Adam) was happy with his kit. Unless you are saying hes lying? It wasnt fast enough for him he said. If you look in that thread you bumped I also just posted.

the 2 others ive talked to-
lit420_si seems to be happy and still has the kit
azulsi says hes happy with this kit
has anyone heard anything bad from the guy from mississippi who went down?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
R u serious....Adam wasn't really happy he had even contactd me for help with the issues he was having with certain things. :redface: That wasn't happy if you ask me...:biggrin: I got the solution and was gonna help him with it when he came up to get it dynoed, but obviously that isn't happening now.

Bet you didn't know that did you...:thumb: But your in FL so your fine.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.