8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AIT Carbon Hood Issue / Update

So I got my carbon hood. Pics can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157603092000505

Its looks good but I have some gripes. The weave has about 4 imperfections on the left side of the hood. One of them, there seems to be some brown stuf under the lamenent. Possibly causing the weave to be flawed. It looks like the hood is getting some small air bubbles under the clearcoat. I will keep my eye on these and see if they get worse.

Thats not my biggest grip however...

The U hook under the hood has been the biggest issue. The threads have stripped and the bolts barely hold it on. I have applied some blue (Removable) thread sealer to help. I noticed this once I got to San Diego from Huntington Beach. Im hoping it will hold on the way back... :eek:hnoes:

I have attached a pic of the bolt. Its a little out of focus. Damn autofocus was trying to focus on the backround. If you notice... the black paint they dip these things in comes off. This causes the bolts to loosen.

Just a heads up for anyone considering this hood. Make sure your U bolt/hook is secure and make sure you check it from time to time.

I'm sure AIT they will take care of it once I get a hold of them. They are closed on Black Friday.

Anyone have any idea where I can find another one of these U bolts that will fit?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Crap man, that sucks. Try Home Depot, I guess. Hopefully you can last the weekend and contact them for a replacement Monday. I imagine they won't have a problem shipping one out to you... they can't cost more than 50 cents...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow.. you should've asked me.. i worked for AIT and i get really good pricing on the hoods :pat:

I did... you said you would get back to me that day (accident happend on Oct 9th and I PMd you on the 10th I think and I had to pick it up by the 12th. You didnt get to me till the 15th. :thumb:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure they will take care of it... I have heard nothing but good things about them. I tototally understand that **** happends and not every product is flawless.

I'll let you guys know how it goes on Monday.

On a side note... the thread sealer helped ALOT and I made it back home to HB. Tho I'm not about to risk my new car on 4 nuts....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on the situation. Went down to AIT yesterday and they replaced the latch piece with no problem. I even got a tighter fitting piece so all is well. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts