8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Airbag light keeps turning off and on randomly.

26K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tombid 
#1 ·
So i have had my car for allmost a year now. and its a 2006 Si coupe. Not sure if that matters but heres the problem:

Every once in a while the driver airbag light turns on. The first time it happened i took it to honda and they said there was something wrong with the seatbelt sensor. (fixed under warrenty)

Now about 2-3 months later i have been getting the light again. But my car is a 2006 so the warrenty is up. Im not really sure what the problem is because the light stays on for about a day then turns off for a little bit then turns back on when it feels like it.

Car is 100% stock

Anyone else have these problems or have an idea what i should do?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
mine does the same thing the airbag light shows up on the cluster not on the dash piece beside the radio...

it will go away after a little while but it shows up everyonce in a while
Yeah...exactly my problem, it sometimes happends when my car looses traction, but also sometimes when ever im just driving normal. I have no clue whats wrong. My cars out of warrenty so i dont feel like wasting $85 to just "findout" whats wrong with the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.