8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have06 civic ex. The check engine light came on yesterday and i went to autozone to get it checked. The guy told me that it is the air flow sensor causing it. It needs to be replaced..?!
I would like to know if anybody knows where this sensor is located and how it can be replaced. I'm looking for schemes or repair manual, that i can use. :confused:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I have06 civic ex. The check engine light came on yesterday and i went to autozone to get it checked. The guy told me that it is the air flow sensor causing it. It needs to be replaced..?!
I would like to know if anybody knows where this sensor is located and how it can be replaced. I'm looking for schemes or repair manual, that i can use. :confused:
That must be why those guys get paid the big bucks. If only diagnosing a problem was so easy.

Just because the CEL is related to a specific component does NOT mean one should automatically assume that the component must be replaced.

Post the code on here before jumping the gun.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
It should be on your intake. Remove it and clean it with some MAF cleaner. You can buy it at an autoparts store. Car is stock?

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
it's right on top of your intake under the hood.

If he says it's the MAF, get one, change it, if it doesn't go away... return it. It's not difficult...

the maf is liek 150+ dollars though.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That must be why those guys get paid the big bucks. If only diagnosing a problem was so easy.

Just because the CEL is related to a specific component does NOT mean one should automatically assume that the component must be replaced.

Post the code on here before jumping the gun.
haha

it's right on top of your intake under the hood.

If he says it's the MAF, get one, change it, if it doesn't go away... return it. It's not difficult...

the maf is liek 150+ dollars though.
that's a great idea, i should really start doing that at work, i bet it would make my job easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.