8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i went to jiffy lube to get the 3000mi synthetic change I saw them take out this mysterious filter from behind the glove box. I looked through the manual afterwards but it only mentioned it... not how to access it. I was wondering if anybody knew the way to drop the glove box down to get to it

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
yes. open the glove box. push the sides of the glove box towards each other. and voila. repost. its calle ddiy cabin air filter.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah that is the polem/cabin filter. By the way if you want to replace it it will cost you like 30+ dollars. I just change mine.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Pdivizzle0112 said:
its a cabin filter. trust me, you dont need a new one unless air isnt coming out of the ac vents easily or if debris is coming out
no dude it gets seriously nasty if you dont change it in accordance to the book. I had one in my corolla when i changed it was nasty as hell after like 35000 miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i looked at it after the 3000 mi change and i was gross they wanted to replace it but i felt like i should do it myself

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
mine was pretty gross after like 22000 miles. it was 30 bucks to change it and i put an air freshner in it and it makes the car smell so much better. just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts