8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm having a lot of trouble aiming my HID's correctly. I have a PnP HID kit from DDM Tuning.

Can anyone give me some input as to how you aimed your HIDs?? like, how far away you backed your car up, and how high should I put the tape on the wall.. Basically I want to know everything you know, because it's been frustrating me like crazy trying to aim them correctly.. :sadbanana:

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Because you have light thrown upwards, I would just lower them abit.
Park 30ft in front of a wall and make sure your beams are sloping down abit. There really is no way to tell you how your beams should be aimed and at what specific height because it varies depending on the car itself.
Is it lowered?
Do you always carry stuff in the trunk?
Is it a coupe or a sedan?
Do you always have people riding with you on the backseat?
Many factor are taken into consideration. Most people just go by what some website says. But because their trunk is full of "stuff", it raises the front end abit, thus the beams shoot upwards. And that's how you get flashed.
If your car is lowered, then you're going to have to get the beams pointing straight without any downward slope.
It's basically what you feel comfortable with and how you see with your new lights at night.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i see..

i have a sedan, at stock height. how high do you suggest the beams be from the ground 30ft away from the wall? i measured from the ground to the bulb and its 26 inches.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
26 inches is fine. Maybe drop it an inch but it won't make that much of a difference. If they look fine, then don't change them but rather even them up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What i did was
(1)pull my car onto a level surface
(2)park my car within 6-8inches from a wall
(3)i then took tape and marked were the "cutoff" was at its highest
(4)used a tape measure and pulled straight back 40feet
(5)and then aimed the lights 2inches below the tape line

How to Aim Headlights | eHow.com

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
What i did was
(1)pull my car onto a level surface
(2)park my car within 6-8inches from a wall
(3)i then took tape and marked were the "cutoff" was at its highest
(4)used a tape measure and pulled straight back 40feet
(5)and then aimed the lights 2inches below the tape line

How to Aim Headlights | eHow.com
That's the correct method, but it's aimed too high.

Minimum D.O.T. spec drop is 2.1 inches for 25 feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts